Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harry Potter

klc106

The HP books aren't available as e-books yet, although I believe the Pottermore site has said they are now to be available in 2012. JK Rowling resisted for quite a few years as she is a 'real' book enthusiast (as well, obviously, as an audio-book and film enthusiast).

:oxD sorry the first edition shall remain with me for my pension fund - its probably the only investment that will guarantee me a return !! believe it or not i acquired it via the local tip where my sister worked as a recycler and gave them to me - to think someone just threw them out but i am grateful they did

Not sure how but I've got 6 HP books on my kindle, I bought it secondhand over a year ago and they were already loaded on it so haven't read them yet but just looked and they are complete. The end credit reads created by the BookDesigner Program at bookdesigner@the-ebook.org

The end credit reads created by the BookDesigner Program at bookdesigner@the-ebook.org

I think that means they were scanned and illegally uploaded to that site when e-books first came out and have now been blocked. If your kindle was one of the first it was done before that time

Ooooohhh, this is one of my pet hates. Whilst the lovely JK can detest ebooks as much as she likes, approx 1 in 8 people just cant access standard print, so the attitude isn't exactly inclusive is it?

Yes you can get audio books but they are 3 times the price, published on average 6 months later than an ordinary book, and to top it all, the Uk govt just last week is still refusing to reduce VAT on audio books.

harumph, it makes my blood boil!

(sorry...end of year blood boiling rant)

• 3 months later...