Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jigsaw Puzzles

I know this seems random and my partner was laughing when he asked was i going to ask this but hey i'm sure someone will come up with a solution- i have spent 2 days reorganising cupboards and resources , the jigsaws and puzzles need to be contained, at my previous setting the supervisor made envelope type wallets from a plastic type fabric. I have visited staples today and purchased some document wallets and the plastic zip folders were wrong size and very expensive so any ideas please :o

I know this seems random and my partner was laughing when he asked was i going to ask this but hey i'm sure someone will come up with a solution- i have spent 2 days reorganising cupboards and resources , the jigsaws and puzzles need to be contained, at my previous setting the supervisor made envelope type wallets from a plastic type fabric. I have visited staples today and purchased some document wallets and the plastic zip folders were wrong size and very expensive so any ideas please :o

We use the clear plastic tubs from washing liquid capsules. Do the puzzle, take a photo and then crop/scale/print and stick with clear plastic to side of the tub.

We did this a few months ago and I was glad to see the back of tatty cardboard boxes. The tubs stack nicely too and easy to replace if they get a bit of wear and tear xD

Great ideas already, I also put sticky labels on outside of storage tubs with date and initial of staff member who had checked them as complete, nothing worse than an incomplete puzzle. This was done on a regular basis.

If not complete they would be kept for one term in case missing piece was found, if not jigsaw was discarded.

We also had a tub for storage of ODD JIGSAW pieces, hoping to marry them up with their correct set asap.

Peggy

We also put a number or symbol on the back of each piece so you can see at a glance which piece goes with which if you have more than one jigsaw in use.

we did this, worked well until a new member of staff thought she was being helpful by doing a new one for us and put a different number on each piece so in this case 1 -20, all very good but this did not help at all when sorting!

remember to use one number on every puzzle piece for each puzzle.. so all would have a 1 or 2 etc on it.

thanks again , only problem is for hard wood/board puzzles as they wold not fit , guess zipper folders for those

Ah..we take the inset type and put the peices in the tub and keep the base board separate when we keep them in storage - they kept toppling off the shelf when kept together as the little knobs didnt really suit stacking...now the base boards are stacked securely and the peices easily accessed.

They are reunited when they are put out for children to access of course. :o

Ah..we take the inset type and put the peices in the tub and keep the base board separate when we keep them in storage - they kept toppling off the shelf when kept together as the little knobs didnt really suit stacking...now the base boards are stacked securely and the peices easily accessed.

They are reunited when they are put out for children to access of course. :o

We do very similar, and when we put them out, we call it jigsaw jumble and the children have to go through a small mound of pieces to find the correct ones, gets a little more life out of the jigsaws when the children are getting too good at them!!