Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos Again

Can anyone advise please- we are in a village hall, so shared by other groups, members of the public, hence why we cannot display photos of children on displays yet i have seen other public buildings with settings display pics and my previous place did too as that was also a shared hall. I s it just a parental permission situation or a myth ???

we had parental permission to do it,

but also never had the name written with the photo.. we were concerned that someone would approach a child using their name from seeing it , never really know who can see the pictures on display in a public hall and if they use a child's name the child at that age tends to trust them.

Thanks Inge , I too had thought of these reasons but it is such a shame not to have children experiences displayed permanently as always having to pack everything away and no one would know that on other days there is a hive of activity and enrichment of young lives and much laughter going on in the sad, dull looking hall !! parental permission slips - to be done asap - we have some in place guessing you just specified display in hall ???

Edited by lashes2508

yes had a long list on the permission slip on where we would be using the photos, also stating that no names would be used with the pictures on public display..one was public display in the hall... along with in learning journeys of friends etc..

We had all the support groups use our hall along with a soup kitchen so had to be very aware of the need to keep pictures un named..

Can anyone advise please- we are in a village hall, so shared by other groups, members of the public, hence why we cannot display photos of children on displays yet i have seen other public buildings with settings display pics and my previous place did too as that was also a shared hall. I s it just a parental permission situation or a myth ???

Although it was another job to add to the many a packaway setting has to do, we use plastic wallet type hanging photo displays, which we can remove and put back up again, we hang them on the doors in the lobby area where parents wait before coming into the hall. You can usually get them from photographic shops like Jessops, or on line, they aren't too expensive and we have had ours for many years, they don't look too bad for their age, whilst we put a description of what is happening in the picture together with a development matters statement, we don't name the children - no need to as only our parents see them and the know who they are, but we do have their permission to display them.

Visit My Website

Edited by Panders

We use a digital photo frame which could be hung in your reception area and easily removed at the end of the session. Ours get updated every week with new pics or we use it to highlight a particular area of learning or activity.

Thanks for your comments- we have lots of the wallets with photos but its just another addition to tidying up and hanging - our cupboards are dotted allover the place as are the resources. until i can thoroughly organise and sort cupboards on the last day of term!!!

I just would like to feel we are part of a hall permantely , after the preschool has been there 30 years !!

Hi

My setting is pack away in a village hall.

I bought cardboard display boards .

They came from SS servicces i think. They have a small brochure that often comes in with magazines.

The side of the boards fold in so they stand up on their own. We display photographs on them and stand them around the room.

The advantages are:

They are at child height

If they knock them they are only cardboard and wont hurt anyone

They are light quick to put away and don't take up much space

Ofsted loved them

We have two sets of four now, they last for ages put we just put new backing paper on when they get tatty.

Let me know if you need any more details

Yes we have two packs of four of those too. Easy to transport around the building, can display all sorts of things from photos, leaflets on specific areas of development or anything else you may like to share with children and parent /carers.

We got ours from A to Z a local educational supplier in our area. :o