Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Estimate Headcount Claim For Spring

I'm in Kent. I have just noticed that I've missed the date for submitting the Estimate claim for Spring. Can't get into the website - haven't got any login details which they said in their letter they would send, but server keeps dropping in and out this evening anyway! Very frustrated at all this.

I have sent fax this eve with estimated claim and covering letter - do you think I have any chances of them accepting this?

Ahh, thanks Bridger, Kent's Management and Info section staff are very helpful, the paperwork makes them sound very tough - and no nonsense, which I know it must do, but if you don't get your claim in on time, they have every right not to pay the interim amount in January on the proper date, this would be devastating this particular year for us, particularly as I will only have one fee paying child left, the rest will be on funding!!

Oh crikey have you missed it by a few days or weeks.? :o Thats a lot of funded children].

I know when we had an issue with our computer and our headcount data was unable to go in on time i gave them a call, apologised profusely, explained what had happened and was told not to worry as they had hundreds to go through.

I would certainly give them a ring in the morning.[Good luck with this].

Would appear as already suggested here that i may not be the only numpty on the block! Have talked to Man and Info who has suggested I do the paperwork the old way - which I did last night, and that I e mail again to get a password to log in to do it all on line.

Did just check back through my e mails and whilst I had requested this back in September - there was no reply back from them, no wonder I seem to be in a state of permanent confusion!

Any hoo, all seems to be o.k. now, panic over Mr. Mainwaring :o

Did just check back through my e mails and whilst I had requested this back in September - there was no reply back from them, no wonder I seem to be in a state of permanent confusion!

Hmmmm - you and me both! :( I changed the pre-school bank account two years ago - asked man.info. to make the necessary changes for my BACS payments - so first request by 'phone, asked to put it in writing (completely understand the need for that) so did so, this was followed by a call from them to confirm that the letter had really come from me :o I gave that verbal confirmation and then backed it up with an email.........guess what - changes never made, monies still being paid into 'old account'! xD

Hi Panders, just remembered in our area the funding department now do an estimated reading taken from the previous terms funding.

No ANT I to fill in anymore.

Then they pay us our first instalment, and then later we send our actual headcount data and they makes any adjustments on the second instalment.

Is it different in your neck of the woods?

Glad you got it sorted. :o

Yes, it is different. We fill in an estimated claim form - but must take care not to over estimate. They need to know number of hours we are likely to claim for per week, how many children and how many weeks we will be open. When we get to beginning of new term we then return the Headcount form and adjustments are made by the second half of the term and any "mistakes" are mopped up at the end of term. Bit of a phaff really.

However, I now appear to have all the info, password etc. to do the headcount claim electronically in January - just need to remember to do it! :o