Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Clas Ohlson Tool Kit

Have just bought a fab children's tool kit for £7.29 (Yes...£7.29!!) from Clas Ohlson. My little boys are loving it. Comes with a tool belt (bit big but still), hammer, 2 screwdrivers, pliers, saw, right angle, steel rule, spirit level, tape measure (bit flimsy) and a pencil. Great value I thought. I also bought a drill brace which I have been looking for for ages (hardware stores only do the power drill range these days) That was £10 so not such a bargain, but I really did want one. Really psyched about getting into some woodwork with the minded children next week.

Happy Hammering,

Honey

With a carpenter as a father, woodwork is in my blood so is always on offer at preschool. We have a woodwork station with adult size tools and boxes of soft wood and balsa for them to work with, the children know not to use the saws until an adult is available but are able to hammer and screw when they want. My father came to preschool once a week until he retired to teach woodwork to the children and they really enjoyed being taught to make little wooden trains and aeroplanes, have fun honey and finleysmaid I used a bog standard physical play risk assessment form for woodwork just adapting the risk factors.

We do woodwork too - well we have to really - I used to tutor the workshop to other practitioners :D

We are fortunate that, being linked to a school, we can borrow their hand drills and other equipment until we can get our own. Hawkins Bazaar (www.hawkin.com) do a child's carpenter's set too. We start every year once the pumpkins come out with hammering golf tees into a pumpkin then move on to the wood and nails adding screws and drills as we go. In my opinion there is no more risk involved than scissors and sharp pencils or musical instruments. Maracas are just as good for thwacking heads as hammers :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)