Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Storing And Collating Learning Journals Pictures, Obs Etc.

Fredbear

We have a Learning Journey trolley, This is one for A4 Ringbinder files with 30 upright cubbies Our Learning Journeys are an A4 Ringbinder per child which fit one per cubby. Any obs, photos, artwork etc just get slotted into the file in a plastic wallet ready to write up etc.

The trolley is perfect for the children to access their Learning Journeys whenever they want, but is on wheels so it can be stored in a locked cupboard every night (we are a set up and pack away setting too)

We also store the register, reg forms, diary and accident book in there too for ease of access and safe keeping, and the top has the planning sheets, staff meeting agenda, to do list and Espo list taped onto it for staff to add to as and when.

And.... there are enough cubby holes for each member of staff to have one each too for putting bits of paperwork for safekeeping. We don't have an office so it's been invaluable in getting us more organised all round.

I'm in work tomorrow for cupboard clearing and sorting and other assorted jobs that there isn't time for during sessions so I'll try to take a photo then and post it.. I'm pretty sure it was bought from Espo (Eastern Shires Purchasing Org) who are our big educational resource suppliers but they must be available from any office furniture supplier.

Watch this space.

This is our Learning Journey Trolley. (It doesn't look quite as impressive as most of the LJs are with staff to update over Easter, but you get the gist of it). The coloured dots show who the Key Worker is, mine have green dots on :-)

http://i99.photobuck...ymorgan/148.jpg

(Hopefully this link will work)

Edited by Guest

I have been following this thread with great interest and love the innovative ways different people store and sort!

However, as a Teaching Assistant in a mainstream nursery, I am key person after Easter for 24 children. I get no paid time to update records. The teacher gets an afternoon a week PPA which she uses to update Learning Journeys and assessments, but with 48 to do after the holiday ( with hers and mine together) this is going to be a struggle!! I am wondering if I should be aksing for time to do my half? I am considering asking them to look at the job level anyway - it is paid as a level 2 TA but requires a level 3 qualification. If I'm going to challenge that bit, might as well challenge the time to do key person stuff too!!

Anybody else in a maintained nursery wiht a similar issue?

Hi Pimms, I can't find it in the online catalogue and I don't have the real catalogue here. I seem to recall it was about £150 (maybe more) but worth it's weight in gold. I'll try to post the cat number here after Easter when I get back to work.

i am in reception so only have 30 children but i have 3 pieces of string stapled to the wall. The first length of string contains a wooden peg for every children with their name and mini photo on it. When we do an observation i move the peg across to the other pieces of string and peg it up. This way i can see which children are being miss. Towards the end of the week i look at the pegs to see who hasn't got anything pegged up for that week and i keep an eye on what they are doing, this way you don't end up with a empty looking learning journey and the quieter children don't get missed! I also have 1 zip wallet their too for bigger items e.g. writing/ paintings ect. Then on a Friday I transfer the things on their peg to a plastic wallet in the back of their learning journeys ready to be stuck in after school and move the pegs back to the first string ready for the next week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)