Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Children In Need Night Quiz

HappyMaz

So here we go - Children in Need 2011 has kicked off and it is time to start our traditional FSF extravaganza. To start things off, here is our CiN quiz. Unlike Sue's quiz, this is just for people taking part tonight, with questions being released at intervals during the evening. There will be three broad categories: previous FSF Children in Need Celebrations, Navigating the Forum and finally Avatars and Signatures.

Every correct answer will gain one point, and I will be keeping a running total of all the answers given across the night. Extra points will be awarded for certain activities, but I'll make that clear as I go along. We have three sets of prizes to award, a mixture of books and FSF goodies.

Probably the best thing to do is collect your answers together and send them to me in one PM. That way I won't have too many PMs to deal with. I will award points for other activities that you can do straight into this thread though, which is where the running total comes in!

So, without further ado, here is the first set of questions:-

1. How many members (who have made more than 100 posts) have avatars that match their forum names? For example, poppypig might have a picture of a poppy... or a pig!
  2. One forum member rarely takes part in our FSF Children in Need celebrations on the night because she's busy taking calls at a CiN call centre. Who is she?
  3. The first person to send me a PM will get two points. Everyone else will get one point.

I know the second one! The first needs a bit of research...... xD

Well I do like to give people something to get their teeth into! I only put a limit of members with 100 posts to cut the list down...! :o

Remember that you'll get a point for each member you correctly identify though!

First points of the night awarded - samfrostie has PMd me. Two points to you then, but you're way off on the number of forum members whose avatars depict their usernames! :o

Time for more quiz questions. For clarity each time I put more questions up, I'll simply add them to the list so that the earlier ones don't get lost!

1. How many members (who have made more than 100 posts) have avatars that match their forum names? For example, poppypig might have a picture of a poppy... or a pig!
  2. One forum member rarely takes part in our FSF Children in Need celebrations on the night because she's busy taking calls at a CiN call centre. Who is she?
  3. The first person to send me a PM will get two points. Everyone else will get one point.
  4. Who spent CIN night in 2009 supporting families whose lives were disrupted by sudden flooding?
  5. For two points, who will be the first person to upload a clickable link to the Children in Need donation page? Everyone else who manages it will get one point!
  6. Whose avatar is always fishy except for when it is bear?

you're way off on the number of forum members whose avatars depict their usernames! laugh.gif

I'm supposed to know my way around here but I can't even begin to work out how you know the answer to this question. You're very different, Maz... :o

Time for more quiz questions. Just to let you know that there are 30 questions in all. So it might be a good idea to wait until you've answered all the questions before you PM me!

4. Who spent CIN night in 2009 supporting families whose lives were disrupted by sudden flooding?
  5. For two points, who will be the first person to upload a clickable link to the Children in Need donation page? Everyone else who manages it will get one point!
  7. What is the highest number of replies to a single Children in Need thread?
  8. How many members have made more than 3000 posts?
  9. Whose forum signature advises on the difference between knowledge and wisdom?

More questions!

9. Whose forum signature advises on the difference between knowledge and wisdom?
  10. Which early years setting has been congratulated by the FSF for achieving an Outstanding Ofsted?
  11. Snowmen feature in which forum regular’s signature?
  12. In 2009 who asked for support regarding Pudsey and 2D shapes?

More questions!

10. Which early years setting has been congratulated by the FSF for achieving an Outstanding Ofsted?
  13. In 2006 jojom told us how much her setting had raised for CIN the previous year. How much did they raise?
  14. How many mooses and mices feature in the big book summarised in the resources section of the Forum?
  15. According to korkykat's signature, what do we spend most of our time doing?

More questions! Actually due to the lateness of the hour, these are the last. So 18 questions in all.

13. In 2006 jojom told us how much her setting had raised for CIN the previous year. How much did they raise?
  14. How many mooses and mices feature in the big book summarised in the resources section of the Forum?
  15. According to korkykat's signature, what do we spend most of our time doing?
  16. Which moderator’s avatar seems to involve juggling stars?
  17. Whose article looked at how we can give children a sense of the past?
  18. In 2010 who threatened us with her ‘groaning smilie’?

So some of you are finding it tricky answering the questions. I should point out that the questions about signatures and avatars were all taken from threads that were active on Thursday when I was finalising those questions. If that helps at all.

If I don't have too many entries tomorrow I'll start giving clues!

So keep going - remember there's a first prize of £26 at stake for the first person to PM me with the 13 correct answers, plus two runner up prizes of £10 which will be drawn from a hat containing all the correct answers.

This competition will carry on until midnight Saturday evening, so you've got plenty of time!

We have two winners of the Children in Need Quiz In first place was samfrostie, and in second place was sunnyday. I made a bit of a blunder though, getting the prizes confused. The cash prizes were for the Librarian's Spot the Difference competition. Sorry. :o

I will be sending a PM to the winners to find out which of the books we have on offer, and there will be FSF goodies on offer too.

Here are the answers, if you're interested!

1. I found 30 members whose avatars depict their forum names. Unless of course you know different...
  2. narnia is usually absent on Children in Need night when she has traditionally manned the call centre taking donations.
  3. In 2009 Cait said she wouldn't have much time to join in with our celebrations because she would be spending time supporting families in her community who were affected by severe flooding.
  4. mundia has only been known to change her 'Nemo' avatar to Pudsey Bear for Children in Need!
  5. The highest number of replies to a Children in Need thread was 616 in 2008.
  6. 16 members have made more than 3,000 posts
  7. Panders' signature is "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
  8. Bretton Children's Centre Pre-school has been congratulated by the FSF on getting an Outstanding ofsted.
  9. Snowmen feature in Inge's signature.
  10. In 2009 chocisgood asked for support regarding Pudsey and 2D shapes
  11. In 2006 jojom told us her setting had raised £590 for CIN the previous year.
  12. There is One Moose and Tenty Mice in the big book summarised in the resources section of the Forum.
  13. According to korkycat's signature "We spend most of our lives worrying what people think about us until we realise how seldom they do".
  14. Susan's avatar appears to be juggling stars
  15. Juliet Mickelburgh examines how we can give children a sense of the past.
  16. Beau has a groaning smiley and she isn't afraid to use it.

Congratulations to our worthy winners! samfrostie and sunnyday could you PM Sue with your name and address details so she can forward your prizes once you have told me what you'd like!

Well done winners, I tried this quiz but found it soooo tricky, without something to google i'm lost!

Maybe next year we'll have short masterclasses on how to navigate the Forum to get the right answers! :o

I did consider including yours finleysmaid, but decided in the end that most people might not remember you had said that in a threat. Without giving too much away, including you wouldn't have made any difference to the result! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)