Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So Fed Up

narnia

What did he say to make Ofsted hotfoot it down to you? He is clearly vindictive.

What a shame you have to be put through even more....nasty, nasty little man :oxD:( !

I think we need another emoticon!!!

I hope you can find a resolution to this problem very quickly.

Take care, let us know how you get on.

It was lovely, he told them that we regularly break ratios, that when we are out, all staff sit with their backs to the children and don't watch what they're doing , so children disappear round the sides of the building or go back indoors on their own. Staff do not interact with children and ignore their requests when outside,so the children aren't safe, need i go on? It was lots of that carrying on in the same vein.................... so, morning of Mrs O going through registers, risk assessments, children's record files,checking the rooms for safety measures in place, lots of questions etc.........' can you tell me how many children you have on this day/ that day' what do you do in the case of? what happens if staff are off sick? who covers..DOES anyone cover?', she watched the children playing, went outside to check the premises/exits etc and then came in and watched us all again. I think what she liked ( and I didn't realise I was doing it................) when a child came to ask me something as I was talking to her, i automatically stopped talking to her and focussed on the child instead and was helping them to sort out a wrangle over a shared piece of artwork.............. one of the children came and climbed up on my knee as i was talking to her as well and it was just natural of course, to pick him up and cuddle him in, all very natural and the children obviously are content and happy, would they be like that if we constantly ignore them?? What was nice, as she left, she turned round and shook my hand ( she even waited, as I had an armful of stuff that I had to put down) I've not had that before, so I think it was her way of showing regard and trust for us? She did apologise at one point and said she had a duty toinvestigate, then told us about a horrid case she'd been involved in where a child had been neglected and died as a result, so H/s is naturally high in her concerns. I thought she was lovely actually and very thorough, she seemed very happy with everything, but it was tough and I cried when she had gone, because it was all lies and so unfair.

It was lovely, he told them that we regularly break ratios, that when we are out, all staff sit with their backs to the children and don't watch what they're doing , so children disappear round the sides of the building or go back indoors on their own. Staff do not interact with children and ignore their requests when outside,so the children aren't safe, need i go on? It was lots of that carrying on in the same vein.................... so, morning of Mrs O going through registers, risk assessments, children's record files,checking the rooms for safety measures in place, lots of questions etc.........' can you tell me how many children you have on this day/ that day' what do you do in the case of? what happens if staff are off sick? who covers..DOES anyone cover?', she watched the children playing, went outside to check the premises/exits etc and then came in and watched us all again. I think what she liked ( and I didn't realise I was doing it................) when a child came to ask me something as I was talking to her, i automatically stopped talking to her and focussed on the child instead and was helping them to sort out a wrangle over a shared piece of artwork.............. one of the children came and climbed up on my knee as i was talking to her as well and it was just natural of course, to pick him up and cuddle him in, all very natural and the children obviously are content and happy, would they be like that if we constantly ignore them?? What was nice, as she left, she turned round and shook my hand ( she even waited, as I had an armful of stuff that I had to put down) I've not had that before, so I think it was her way of showing regard and trust for us? She did apologise at one point and said she had a duty toinvestigate, then told us about a horrid case she'd been involved in where a child had been neglected and died as a result, so H/s is naturally high in her concerns. I thought she was lovely actually and very thorough, she seemed very happy with everything, but it was tough and I cried when she had gone, because it was all lies and so unfair.

Very unfair as you say, and vindictive, and unnecessary....but...excellent evidence of harrassment!

That coupled with the video evidence will I hope make somebody take some action. My fingers are crossed for you.

Narnia you are a star and this man is a thoroughly nasty character. I do hope it is all resolved soon as you shouldn't have to put up with all this stress. Lots of hugs to you all.

I'll second that! :o

I'm so glad that you are now involving the police - harrassment, threatening behaviour spring to mind xD

Mrs O suggested we phone the police on the grounds of harassment.............and to then phone the council to tell them we have done so. I did it, police are coming to see us and council flipped and sent their chairperson to come round to see us.............we shall see how it goes

Your week just gets better and better xD This reflects badly on him and his employers - no wonder they came to see you, they're probably worried you'll go public!

When I was having a similar issue the police were also involved and were SO helpful.... took it all seriously, logged everything, gave me direct contact details for the 2 PC's who were dealing with it, advised me what and how to record further incidents and then popped round to the parent concerned, rang her doorbell at midnight (it had all kicked off after she'd collected her child at 6.30pm and returned to shout at me at 8.30pm, followed by calls to legal line and local police station) and - in no uncertain terms - "marked her card for her" (as they put it :o ) I well remember saying it was too late for them to do it and being told "if she thinks it's ok to turn up at your home and shout at you, she has it coming!

The final time I heard from her, following that, was a letter of apology as instructed by the solicitor's letter she received!

I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around!"

Nona

Goodness, I've just been catching up with this. What a dreadful man who really shouldn't be anywhere near children if that's his attitude. What do the parents think or is he out the way when they are around?

How did things go with the police and council? I really hope they've taken action for you!

Hopefully the Council will no have no option but to take action about this individual and his activities, no matter how scared individuals are of him. What a shame that they are so lily livered that you have had to do their job for them.

Hopefully you had a lovely half term and are raring to go this week, narnia.

update: Police came round and took all the details and asked if we'd like to have an arbitration meeting with this man. I said I'm always happy to talk, if it helps to resolve things. If it happens, a police officer would be there too and will note what was said and agreed, so if there are further problems we can refer back to that. They agreed that his practices are not on and will have 'a quiet word' with him about that. His employers have now decided ( at last) to have him in for a disciplinary meeting, I guess we won't know the result of that,BUT one of the councillors phoned me yesterday 'off record please' to say that several councillors have finally found voices and have started to voice their concerns about him too.....................at last!