Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fund Raise

Hi all,

I want to raise some money for our preschool and was thinking about doing a recipe book. Favourite recipes of parents etc.

Has any of you done this. I also wanted a chef to come to the preschool when the book is complete. Any ideas?

Thank you Dorinda

no but sounds a lovely idea!

our best fund raiser is a look and find - i draw 10 simple pictures (including 50p) and the children take it home and are sponsered to find the objects - things like a button,leaf, string etc all things they can find easily x

there was a thread about this recently...

cookery book 1

cookery book 2

they are the same but in two threads so there is info in both!

Just make sure that if you go ahead that they are all checked and cooked by someone who is reliable before putting in the book, nothing worse than trying what you think will be a good recipe to find it fails!

We did this for my sons school and has been a really good fund raiser and we are just about to do another one. At my pre-school at the moment one of the Mums is rasing money for us by selling numbered squares from 1 - 49. People keep the same number and pay £1 every week and the winner is the person whose number is the same as the National Lottery's bonus ball, they then get to keep £25 and the rest goes to pre-school. Great idea and if you can get people to pay half termly in advance really quite simple. :o

We did this for my sons school and has been a really good fund raiser and we are just about to do another one. At my pre-school at the moment one of the Mums is rasing money for us by selling numbered squares from 1 - 49. People keep the same number and pay £1 every week and the winner is the person whose number is the same as the National Lottery's bonus ball, they then get to keep £25 and the rest goes to pre-school. Great idea and if you can get people to pay half termly in advance really quite simple. :o

I like that idea, I'll suggest it at our next meeting xD

Before doing this it is worth checking the legalities.. It is classed as a lottery ..

found the following site which gives the following rules..

The laws about private lotteries

All the proceeds of a 100 Club Lottery or any other kind of private lottery - must go towards supporting your group's activities or other good cause (apart from prizes and other necessary expenditures in organising the lottery). You must also keep to the following rules:

· the lottery can only be promoted by authorised members of the group or society and you can't advertise the lottery outside the society's premises (and, if you hire rooms that other groups use, don't put up adverts)

· tickets can only be sold to other members of the society or someone who is on the society premises

· tickets must all be sold at the same price and refunds are not allowed

· tickets have to include details of the promoters' names and addresses, the price, who may buy tickets, and that tickets are non-transferable

Note...

If you want sell lottery tickets to members of the public not just at fundraising events, or just to members - then you have to be registered as a small society lottery with your local council.

so be careful what and how you run it... I had problems in the past so stopped doing it.. parents were selling to grandparents and friends...sounds good but actually was not legal!

More info here

Edited by Inge

Surely its no different from a lucky squares raffle and the money is the prize rather than a bottle of wine etc? But thanks for bringing my attention to it, we are only doing this until Christmas and only to raise some money for our move.

big difference is the money prize.. rules change when you give money...

would be ok so long as totally in house and not selling to people other than group members... and not advertising to anyone but group members.. and tickets have to have the promoters etc on them

really when doing a raffle etc it is supposed to be in house and draw on same day as ticket sales , otherwise the same rules apply.. any advance sales have different rules..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)