Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Corner

Evening everybody,

Was wondering what yuo have in you book corners that is enticing your little ones in. Currently i am in reception and i have noticed that it is not being used as much as other areas. We have lovely seats, books displayed, teddies in tere to read to. Id love to hear what others are doing to entice them in. maybe story sacs would be a good one?

xxxxx

Evening everybody,

Was wondering what yuo have in you book corners that is enticing your little ones in. Currently i am in reception and i have noticed that it is not being used as much as other areas. We have lovely seats, books displayed, teddies in tere to read to. Id love to hear what others are doing to entice them in. maybe story sacs would be a good one?

xxxxx

An adult! :o Not being flippant......I know it can be difficult to 'free up' a staff member - but there is nothing 'my' children like more xD

Oh and welcome to the forum! :(

we have a 'real sofa', canopies for 'personal spaces, big books, story sacks, soft toys and cushions, rug on floor, and a listening area with cd's and player....but have to agree with the others that the best resource is someone to read to them...we 'use' all sorts of people for this because we have a large sofa it is much easier for older members of the community to sit there.

• 1 month later...

Hi rainbow34,

We also have puppets on a puppet stand in our book corner that the children are always accessing. I have also introduced 'our nursery book' but you could make a reception one where I have printed photographs of all the children doing activities in nursery and sat down with them and written captions underneath. They love looking at photographs of themselves and it is a great book to have on display for parents to have a flick through as well. Hope that helps :)

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)