Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Confused!

Hi All,

I've just opened my pre-school and I am very confused about planning, continuous provision and PLODs! Do we have to do all of them? How do you do them? I have been in a school during all of my training and so we planned for themes instead of children's interests.

ANY advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks

Continous provision is about what you have out all of the time for the children to access - there are examples in the resourse section that you can down load then adapt to what you have out all of the time. Then you need a weekly planning sheet where you add what adult focus activities you are doing, children initiated activies and enhancements to your continous provision ( eg add dinosaurs to sand tray). Hope that helps x

Thanks for the replies. One quick question, do we have to have the continuous provision sheets on show in the different areas or are they ok in a folder as long as staff know about them?

Thanks

As we are pack away we aren't allowed to stick things on the wall, so all ours are in our planning folder and I have given staff their own copy. We have been inspected recently and it was fine by our inspector.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked at www.earlyyearsplanning.co.uk ? You could use this as a starting point. They give some good basic information of continuous provision, long, medium and short term planning.

Guest youngrisers

Hi Klc, we used continuous provision and focused activities so have two types of planning to show our indepth knowledge of what the children are interested in. Our continuous provision sheet goes through the week and we note intials of the children on it, to gauge what they are asking for on a regular basis. This is informative as some children like the continuity of the same games, toys every session/day so we encourage additions to add to the play. With the newer ones it is usually what thy know from home so regularity is the norm. Our focused activities are based on the five days work and involve the staff movements and children who we work with on those days , this allows the staff /keyperson to see their key children and to assess what their interests are at that time. we can also ensure that no children is left out of activities or does not have equal opportunity for an activity. hope this helps and well done on opening a preschool . Enjoy the children and their ideas....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)