Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inital Observations

Hello

I'm not sure what you mean by 'initial observation'; is this the same as initial/baseline assessment? If so, I could upload what I use.

Hello Devonmaid

I would be grateful if you have a specific baseline format for nursery that I could use as we tend to just do observations in the first few weeks and a more comprehensive assessment would be better :)

thank you

Hello Devonmaid

I would be grateful if you have a specific baseline format for nursery that I could use as we tend to just do observations in the first few weeks and a more comprehensive assessment would be better :)

thank you

We aim to do an initial assessment within the first half-term, though ideally within 4 weeks, but it very much depends on whether the child has settled; clearly there is no point assessing children who are not happy as we will not gain a clear picture of where they are at. The initial assessment is of my own making, so it has not been 'approved' as such! We repeat the assessment before the children leave nursery, so that I can see the 'value added'. The assessment is completed by the key person.

Hope you find it useful. :o

Initial_Assessment___Nursery.doc

We aim to do an initial assessment within the first half-term, though ideally within 4 weeks, but it very much depends on whether the child has settled; clearly there is no point assessing children who are not happy as we will not gain a clear picture of where they are at. The initial assessment is of my own making, so it has not been 'approved' as such! We repeat the assessment before the children leave nursery, so that I can see the 'value added'. The assessment is completed by the key person.

Thank you, It's simple to use and I'm sure I could adapt it to suit the needs of my new class!

Hi DevonMaid

thanks for being willing to share this, it is so user friendly I like it much better than the tracker sheets etc... and it would be so easy to transfer all this info back into EYFS assessments

many thanks

Thank you Devonmaid

This is my first time on this forum even though I have been a child minder 3 years

When I clicked on the link for the obs sheet it asked me for a username and password

would that be (trying not yo sound thick lol ) the username and password of fsf

Julie :o

Thank you Devonmaid

This is my first time on this forum even though I have been a child minder 3 years

When I clicked on the link for the obs sheet it asked me for a username and password

would that be (trying not yo sound thick lol ) the username and password of fsf

Julie :o

We've had this converstaion before - and if I were clever enough I would provide a link!!

I just close the box using the 'X' then the document opens (Windows 7)

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)