Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Complaints

Can anyone help?

I am in the process of updating the nursery prospectus and, ashamedly, have never included the Ofsted address for complaints. I have made the complaints procedure very clear, but it has stopped with the headteacher. So now I want to include the Ofsted address but am struggling with the wording; I want to make it clear that it should be the last 'port of call' ... any ideas? :o

Tricky one. My complaints procedure said parents could contact Ofsted at any stage in the complaints process. Having just looked at mine to check, I notice that I only gave a telephone number.

Tricky one. My complaints procedure said parents could contact Ofsted at any stage in the complaints process. Having just looked at mine to check, I notice that I only gave a telephone number.

Well, I guess that's more than I ever have! This is what I have, so far ...

'We aim to do the best for all children in our care. However if you do feel the need to make a complaint regarding the care or education of your child please first speak to your child’s keyworker or the Nursery Teacher. We endeavour to deal with problems/complaints informally and internally where this is at all possible. If the Nursery Teacher is unable to address your complaint you should contact Mr ...., Headteacher.'

And that's where I'm stuck! I need to 'mention' Ofsted, but just don't know how to word it! :o

in the PSLA one there is a 5 stage process

That's the one I use and adapted. It sets out very clearly what will happen at each stage, and what will happen if the complaint cannot be resolved.

That's the one I use and adapted. It sets out very clearly what will happen at each stage, and what will happen if the complaint cannot be resolved.

I suppose you have to be a member to view this? :o

No, you buy the book from the PLA which contains a web address and a password. You can then go online and log in, download the policies that you want and amend them so they suit your purposes.

They are copyright to the PLA so can't be shared unless you've bought the book. The great thing is that when they update anything they let you know so you're always up to date.

You can find the details here.

No, you buy the book from the PLA which contains a web address and a password. You can then go online and log in, download the policies that you want and amend them so they suit your purposes.

They are copyright to the PLA so can't be shared unless you've bought the book. The great thing is that when they update anything they let you know so you're always up to date.

You can find the details here.

Many thanks! :o

except that the log in info they give you doesn't work.........................I've been trying it all week without successs

narnia...when are you having the problem?? only i used to think i wasnt logged in because the page doesnt change but then when you click on the product it opens....so if i remember rightly you have to 'log in' to your account and then register the product using the code at the front of the book and then go to shop...download publications....it should ask you which one you want ...click on 'Policies and procedures'and then the list should drop down (sorry this is probably no help at all :o )

Not got current prospectus with me, but not much different from this old one apart from address and phone number

"Children and parents are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt careful attention to their wishes and needs. It is our intention to work in partnership with parents and the community. We welcome suggestions on how to improve the group at any time. Parents who are uneasy about any aspect of the group’s provision should talk first of any worries and anxieties with the Preschool Manager. If this does not bring about a satisfactory outcome, or the problem reoccurs, then parents should contact our Development Worker XXXXXXXXXXXX, who will organise a meeting for you to discuss your concerns.

The Preschool believes that most complaints are made constructively and can be sorted out at an early stage. We believe that it is in the best interests of the Preschool’s parents that complaints should be taken seriously and dealt with fairly in a way which respects confidentiality.

Complaints or compliments can also be addressed to OFSTED Early Years, 3rd Floor, Royal Exchange Buildings, St. Anne’s Square, MANCHESTER, M2 7LA. Telephone 08456 404040

Full copies of all our policies are available for you to read; they are updated annually and agreed by the Management Committee. Please ask if you would like to read them."

Hi Cait,

According to the new Ofsted poster (available form the ofsted website) the address/telephone number for parents to contact has changed and is now:

The National Business Unit

Ofsted

Piccadilly Gate

Store Street

Manchester M1 2WD

Tel:0300 123 1231

Thanks for that Cait - that sounds like just what I need!

I am just wondering though, re: the Ofsted address, would it be the same address for maintained and non-maintained settings?

Thanks everyone, for all your help and advice.