Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Noise Controllers

Hi,

Dose any of you bright people know if and which web from I could get noise controllers for nursery?

Apparently have been told that you just putting it in the room and if it is too loud its starts beeping so children know they have to reduce noise level.

Thanks,

Hi Maggie,

If you search for acoustical source they have lots of different types on there!

We had one before but the children were so loud they could never hear the beeps!!

Rachel

Hi

Was browsing through the primary teaching supplies website and they sold a traffic light thing that beeps if it gets too loud. Don't know if that's any use to you?

Yes, I have seen the 'traffic light thingy'.........have to say that I would rather do as I do now - I just say..........Listen please, it's getting much too noisy in here, I think we need to stop using our big voices (grown ups too) and find our little voices......this can be followed up with 'reminders' ....oh did you forget we're using our little voices now....... :o

Best attention getter that we use is just turning the lights off - it's amazing how quiet the children go when this happens and they we can negotiate a more peaceful environment. :o

Turning the lights off could really work; I will try it on Monday.

Hopefully till winter want need it anymore as it would be dark @ scary ;]