Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Horizon Programme

Panders

Yes I saw it. Not sure what I thought of it though. On the one hand, as you say, it was a great piece for researching the 'pioneers', but on the other hand, it was advertised as 'how to bring up children' sort of thing, and I'm not sure what 'your average' parent would have made of it. I came away very uncertain as to what I'd actually been told!

Yes I saw it. Not sure what I thought of it though. On the one hand, as you say, it was a great piece for researching the 'pioneers', but on the other hand, it was advertised as 'how to bring up children' sort of thing, and I'm not sure what 'your average' parent would have made of it. I came away very uncertain as to what I'd actually been told!

Yes i felt the same way Cait. Having a new grandchild on the scene I thought it might be of help to my son and his wife, but I don't think it would be.

I ended up just being interested in seeing how methods had changed over the period and the thinking behind some of the theories.

I agree Cait, I came away thinking I hope parents don't think the programme was telling you this is how you should bring up your child. I was horrified by the methods of the chap (didn't catch the name) who showed the two parents of the adopted Russian boy how to hold down their 12 year old son everytime he did something wrong. Didn't like the programme at all.