Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cypw?

Guest TinklePrincess

Guest TinklePrincess

Hi everyone...

So I have a question, and I know I'm just being a great big moo-cow here but I'm really annoyed...

My brother's girlfriend has a degree in illustration or something and because she didn't get the results that she wanted or needed, she decided to appeal it... The appeal was declined and so she started sniffing around and asking what I do (BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies).

She then decided that she wanted to be a teach and volunteered at a local primary school... dunno what happened with that because now she's "working" in nurseries.

Have I mentioned that she has no qualifications in childcare? And is working (getting paid as well I believe)... Now, forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't it coming in that you need a level 3 or above from Sept?!

So I started snooping around and asking questions about this "course" she's started... She doesn't seem to know what it is herself and when I asked what the actual course is called, she replied with "Childrens and Young People's Workforce". I can't find any course by that name, but I know that the EYPS, which I've just about finished, is governed by. Is she doing the EYPS or is there another course called CYPW??

I'm only annoyed because it seems like she only wants to do this because she didn't get the qualifications she needed... and hello, I've worked damn hard to get my degree and EYPS, as I know many people have. Also, on a personal level, I hate people who copy... My ex's sister once bought the same top as me, knowing I had just bought it, and I refused to wear it again... It was beautiful... But that's another story, haha

Am I just a bitch?! LOL

Im pretty sure there isn't a requirement for all staff to be level 3 by September (can you imagine how many people would be out of work and how many nurseries would have to close?). Many staff are paid as unqualified, so that isnt unusual.

I'm no clearer as to what her qualification or course might be, but she needs to find out and check that it has credibility..perhaps you can suggest this to her? DO let us know if you find out wont you?

Regarding the 'copying' I had no idea what I wanted to do when I couldn't become a nurse. I decided to have a bash at what my friend was doing as she was enjoying it so much..teacher training.. Ive never looked back, even though I sort of fell into it, but I was inspired by her being so content.

Can you see it as you inspiring her rather than her just copying you?

No idea about the course but they do say imitation is the highest form of flattery.....maybe she really does think you are a bit brilliant and so copies you. If you have a good relationship with your brother and he sings your praises that might make her even more determined to emulate you.

I know what you mean about copying - I was going into teaching until my copycat cousin decided she would too..........

I went into hairdressing instead ;o(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)