Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday Theme

Hi,

Has any one got any suggestions on the theme holidays my staff are really struggling. Now I've been told I'm not to count in on ratio and the girls need to plan their own activities with very little support from me.

So far we have had; writing own passports, sequence plane journey, creating own suitcases, what would we put in a suitcase, ways of travelling.

Really need some different inspiration if anyone has any ideas.

Tiff x

Hi and welcome. Not sure these are any use but here goes.

1. Travel brochures.

2. Pullalong trolleys for packing and folding clothes.

3. A map to perhaps plot or mark countries the children may have visited. in fact lots of maps, local ones, world map.

4. Songs/books with journeys in them.

5. Clothing for different types of holidays, sunglasses, towel, umbrella, binoculars, snowwear, walking clothes etc.

6. Make their own passports, can they take a photo of themselves.

7. Small or large collages or whatever the children wish to make of transport vehicles, ships, boats, planes, trains, cars, coaches, bicycles.

8. Make posters of different types of holidays/days out. [The countryside, beach, skiing, walking,sailing,theme parks etc]

We have just had a campsite at ours with tents, pretend bbq, foods, sleeping bags, clothes, torches, one little one went home all excited and said to mummy, i wonder if they could have a caravan next, ah bless her.

Have fun. :o

Edited by bridger
  • Thanks 1

I bought blank postcards and children drew on them and then we wrote all the things we'd done on our holiday and walked to the letterbox and posted them to Mum and Dad.

We painted a big picture of the seaside and put sand on a mat and photographed the children making sandcastles.

Lots of role play airports, travel company, aeroplane, boat, etc

• Thanks 1

I bought blank postcards and children drew on them and then we wrote all the things we'd done on our holiday and walked to the letterbox and posted them to Mum and Dad.

We painted a big picture of the seaside and put sand on a mat and photographed the children making sandcastles.

Lots of role play airports, travel company, aeroplane, boat, etc

Thank you so much for all your great ideas.We are having a beach party in the next two week weather permitting that is. I love the magic carpet idea though as well as all the other activities. Thanks again.

Tiff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)