Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sainsburys Have Let Us Down

Rea

I and our playleader went to our local Sainsburys last Tuesday to do a presentation after we were shortlisted to receive funding, there were two other organisations presenting.

They'd had some nomination forms to pick up in which people could nominate a local charity. We presented well, got all our points across and really thought we stood a chance. We have definite aims for any money that comes our way, we could tell them everything they needed to know about how the money would be used, who would benefit, how the community could be involved.

Today we've learnt though someone who works there that the staff notice board is declaring the winner to be a school for deaf children, which is fine, but they're 6 miles away!!

We are within walking distance of the shop. How local is local?

Looks like we're never going to get our garden :o

How disappointing :o

As far as 'local' goes I am not sure what distance would 'qualify' as local.

Maybe it is within a certain mile radius of the store?

My 'local' Sainsburys is 10 miles away ie: the nearest branch to where I live.

Was there anything in the 'small print' about eligibility for applications?

Hi sorry to hear you may have been unsuccessful. :( Have you tried B&Q i know they have often helped groups in the past with materials and hands on support with staff through a Community Iniative might be worth a try. xD

Oh thats good to know. I'll get our committee onto it.

The school took 4 yr1 children with them so I suspect the 'Ah' factor swung it. :o

Hi sorry to hear you may have been unsuccessful. xD Have you tried B&Q i know they have often helped groups in the past with materials and hands on support with staff through a Community Iniative might be worth a try. :o

We have had B&Q help us out in the past with a shed for our garden. Have you a local garden centre or HE/FE college where there are students who might like to be involved in a project? Also allotmens are a great source of gardeners - the people at the allotment we go to are so pleased to see the children and their interest, I'm sure if I asked, they would help. Are any of your parents/grandparents good gardeners?

Also what about the RHS?