Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sickness & Diarrhoea Outbreak

Guest babyjane31

Guest babyjane31

Hoping someone out there can help me.

We have had to send home 3 children today with diarrhoea and already have a staff member and another child off sick with the same. I have been searching everywhere to try and find out at which point an outbreak becomes notifiable, anyone have any ideas please?

Hoping someone out there can help me.

We have had to send home 3 children today with diarrhoea and already have a staff member and another child off sick with the same. I have been searching everywhere to try and find out at which point an outbreak becomes notifiable, anyone have any ideas please?

Hi

Our guidance just says you have to notify if you have a cluster but does not say minimum number that would be considered as a cluster-useful.

I would suggest you ring your local Health protection Unit for advise. I rang them a few weeks ago regarding notification of scarlet fever and they were really helpful and easy to talk to. I just told them the details and they gave me a reference number and advise and what further action I might need to take. Hope you manage to avoid it yourself!!

Exactly as westloo and finleysmaid. They ( health agency) are very helpful and will ,if needed email you letters for parents ref outbreak and support you with process .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)