Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Areas For Play/learning

I am moving the pre-school over the summer and now as i am starting(!!) to come out the pile of paperwork i am getting into the planning of the room. It is a large church hall (long and not too wide) very high ceilings/high windows and radiators along the walls....just to give you a basic idea. I have soooo many ideas as to what to do i need to narrow things down a bit! so my question is what areas would you have in the room? (i dont want to go with 6 areas of learning...want it to be more child led)

sand/ water/role play etc etc etc help all ideas welcome! :o

How exciting, is it going to be a packaway or are you able to leave some or all of it out.

A self-selection zoned area for child/ren to access independently sounds great, with lots of natural containers.

What about a:

1: Discovery area

2: Solve it, sort it, build it area

3: Magical make believe area

4: Make it, save it,display it area

5: Sharing area, books, mags, comics, brochures, tapes and CDS, Posters, special chair

6: Jump it, throw it, climb it area

Is this the type of thing you mean, have fun with it and good luck, lets us know how its going. :o

How exciting, is it going to be a packaway or are you able to leave some or all of it out.

A self-selection zoned area for child/ren to access independently sounds great, with lots of natural containers.

What about a:

5: Sharing area, books, mags, comics, brochures, tapes and CDS, Posters, special chair

Is this the type of thing you mean, have fun with it and good luck, lets us know how its going. :o

yes bridger just the sort of thing xD thank you ...no its not pack away but we may need to use for other groups out of pre-school hours

we tended to divide into 2 areas.. the messy and clean!

so that the sand, water craft, paint and anything else we had which was a bit messy was in one area.. and the books/listening, drawing, puzzles, construction etc in another... we had the role play between the two but that was the shape of our room which was wider one end than the other so we had a strange shape which gave us a corner there...

we found thinking of things as clean and messy started us off on what to put where...

Always felt that what we called an area was mostly for the adults and parents and tended not to have them labelled.. they all seemed to interact/mix together anyway.

What about a:

I love the idea of these areas Bridger!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)