Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Silly Season Already?

Please make me feel sane and tell me that your reception kids are going as mad as mine have been this week.

It's been a dreadful week for behaviour, with even usually well-behaved children ignoring staff and running off from lining up to come in after lunch, children talking back to staff in the dinner hall. They have been dreadful at looking after the resources, so many things have been broken and on purpose.

I just don't know what to do and feel like I am losing control.

Help!!

We have noticed this kind of thing too - children running around, barely engaging in anything, refusing to do things they are asked.

You are not alone!

Funny you should mention that and its not just EYFS children!

Year 1's are just as bad this week espeically with lack of good listening! Lost count how many times the student teacher, full time TA and I have had to tell them to listen this week. Omly next week to go then its half term for a week and 2 days, lovely! lol

you are so not the only one! we have arts week next week and all usual routine will be out of the window. I'd normally be looking forward to it but am dreading it!

We're pre-school and kids have been so loud and boisterous. Did you not realise its a full moon week!!!! always makes a difference really not joking its like a low weather pressure makes a difference as well.

If you think about it the moon affects the tides and we are 70% water so it must afftect us. its just that as adults we compensate for it but children don't know how to. :):)

Hooray ! Thank goodness its not just us ! Went into work today , sun shining , thinking lets get registered and all get out to the local park , pack snack and off we will go ( we are a pre-school ) >24 Children came charging in , screaming, whooping , running and generally not listening to a soul , it was difficult but 30 frustrating minutes later we went back out the same door and it was just what we needed - children let off steam and rest of day was lovely - wonder what tomorrow will bring ?!?!?!!!!

Guest Spiral

Definitely a full moon response - I've always said if the full moon is big and strong enough to pull the sea to and fro as well as wobble the whole earth, why don't we believe that it affects us?

Also, I have the odd mood swing/chocolate moment when the moon calls!!!! :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :(:(:oxD:(

My hubbie mentioned the full moon yesterday, thanking the stars he wasn't at work last night or first thing this morning, coz it makes his job a lot harder. Hadn't thought about it affecting the kids!

Hopefully it will get easier then as the moon wanes!!

Guest Spiral
My hubbie mentioned the full moon yesterday, thanking the stars he wasn't at work last night or first thing this morning, coz it makes his job a lot harder. Hadn't thought about it affecting the kids!

Hopefully it will get easier then as the moon wanes!!

I'm intrigued, what does he do?

Guest ChunkyMan

Same here....took my kids down to our little wooded area to make houses for Ben, Holly and Gaston and spent most of the time trying to stop them carreering around spoiling each others things. It was supposed to have been a really lovely activity but it ended up being quite stressful.

They have been really lairy all week!!!!!

Yep ours have too!!! It's the week that we have to prepare an assembly for the rest of the school and all parents as well.................. I've spent the week shouting and cajoling!!!!???? God help us tomorrow when we have to perform :oxD

Definitely!!! And we had the foundation stage class/reception teacher at our feeder school visit this morning. Even the normally well-behaved children gave us "grief". The children were so lively I did wonder if they had been spoon-fed Cheerios or something equally sugary for breakfast causing a sugar-induced hyperactive morning.

Thanks everyone I thought i was loosing it too!

The two year olds I ve had this week have been dreadful.Shouting,arguing,answering back ,not listening and careering round like crazy creatures despite all attempts to keep them engaged and occupied and lots of time spent outdoors.

reasuring to know I m not alone !!

thank goodness its Friday !!!!!!!!

I took to bribing mine with chocolate the other day that one of them had brought in for his birthday. Not very professional I know but it worked... for about 10 minutes!

The moon is definitely waning. They were much calmer today!! Thank goodness. I don't think I could have done another day like the previous 2!

BTW he's a policeman. Apparently all the strangest criminals operate under the light of a full moon!!