Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Trips

I am trying to organise an outing for my special needs group of pupils out topic is based around transport does anyone know some where we can visit that will teach children about the different types pf transport?

can you go on a trip using different forms of transport? are you near bus/train/boats even an airport(although a trip in a plane might take rather too long! xD )...one of our favourite trips at pre-school is to go on the train ...one stop and then come back...amazing what you can see from a train track! also much more practical and good for life skills too :o

The Metro in Newcastle has a classroom and has education material available. I'm sure if you contacted your local public transport service they'd be happy to help.

Honey

Ohh do you have more information on this? I have a £ year old obcesed with the metro

We accessed it on the annual Metro open day and it seemed to be available for school groups. I picked up worksheets about railway safety. They have dressy ups and floor maps. It's at the depot at Regent Centre.

The other place Sazz is the Stephenson Railway Museum but am having trouble finding it open on weekdays at the moment.

Best of luck,

Honey

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)