Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year Reports

The school i work in has just revamped the end of year reports. These are not appropriate for the early years so I have been searching every where for examples of foundation stage end of year reports. I have shown our head the e profile end of year reports but he doesn't like these. I am thinking of making up my own with 6 boxes for each area of learning, then additional boxes for parent/ headteacher comments. Has anyone created a better version than this which you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Hi Sleepyhead

It appears to me that six boxes and two extra for parent/headteacher comments is exactly what you need.

I used the reports recommended on the e profile last year and found them rather messy-they simply contained direct quotes from the Profile. I wouldn't use them again and this year I will be doing what you have suggested.

I shall be interested to see if anyone comes up with any other formats, however.

Good luck!

we developed a 'master' for ourselves - a rehash of elgs - and then adapt it to fit each child so that is working hard to .... is confident in... type phrases are added as appropriate. the really individual bit is the final comment at the end. Our head teacher adds a brief comment on a separate sheet and we also send the attendance record for each child.

Sorry got to dash - grandson just arrived with a very drippy nose - but at least I'm not at school!!!!

hope attachment works.

Boy2008MasterFoundationStageOrangeclass.doc

Thank you for all of your comments. It looks like we are all thinking the same thing. Which is brilliant. :o Just wanted to make sure I was getting it right befor I make a template for the head. And thank you for all of the templates you posted, not much different from what i was thinking. We would have a box for targets at our school as well as all of the other comment boxes.

Thanks to those who posted templates as this was one of my jobs for the easter hols! I used the e-profile last year and the feedback wasn't great, despite adding a long personal comments parents didnt find them very personal. So I was also thinking doing my own like you said so this post has comfirmed my opinion too so thank you! x

The comment I had from parents was that they liked to see something different, not lots of cut and paste sentences taken from the EYFS. They would rather see an anecdotal comment about what their child has achieved to make it more personal

we developed a 'master' for ourselves - a rehash of elgs - and then adapt it to fit each child so that is working hard to .... is confident in... type phrases are added as appropriate. the really individual bit is the final comment at the end. Our head teacher adds a brief comment on a separate sheet and we also send the attendance record for each child.

Sorry got to dash - grandson just arrived with a very drippy nose - but at least I'm not at school!!!!

hope attachment works.

Thank you :o

Our transition sheets from pre-school to school also have a section for the child's voice - I like...I'm good at....

as well as a space for the keyperson and parent to add a more personal comment. The front page has 6 boxes and working within.....

HTH

Our transition sheets from pre-school to school also have a section for the child's voice - I like...I'm good at....

as well as a space for the keyperson and parent to add a more personal comment. The front page has 6 boxes and working within.....

HTH

we do a seperate sheet for this in school :)

Yes, so do we, and parents complete the reply slip to say they've received the report (well..........in theory they complete the reply slip :o )

Do you send home each child's foundation stage profile scores to parents? I have never done this, except report on their progress within the ELGs. Another teacher friend has now told me its a legal requirement to - is this the case? How do you send them home if it is? x

Guest LornaW
Do you send home each child's foundation stage profile scores to parents? I have never done this, except report on their progress within the ELGs. Another teacher friend has now told me its a legal requirement to - is this the case? How do you send them home if it is? x

No you do not have to send home the scores unless parents request them! See Assessment and Reporting Arrangement 2011

http://orderline.qcda.gov.uk/gempdf/144590...rrangements.pdf

Page 12 ( my bold!)

3.6 Reporting children’s attainment to parents or persons with parental responsibility All EYFS providers must provide parents or persons with parental responsibility with a written summary of a child’s progress against the early learning goals and attainment within the assessment scales. A copy of the EYFS profile summary scores reported to the local authority must also be provided to parents or persons with parental responsibility if requested. Providers should avoid reporting raw scores without providing an explanation of what they mean. Parents or persons with parental responsibility should be involved in the assessment process on a regular, ongoing basis and encouraged to participate in their child’s learning and development. Practitioners may use the information provided by EYFS profile assessment as a basis for their reports to parents or persons with parental responsibility. Reports should be specific to the child, aim to be concise and informative and help to identify appropriate next steps. If a child changes school during reception year, the new setting will need to report the end of EYFS assessment to parents or persons with parental responsibility.

Lorna

Thank you Lorna. I had always thought this was more the case. I would be a bit reluctant to give out the scores. I do have the profile scales highlighted at the back of their learning story so parents always have the option to look at that throughout the year if they wish. They always prefer looking at the photos and reading the observations. KST

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I know that this disussion was from a couple of months ago but have just been having a nosey round. Do you say anywhere on your reports that parents are entitled to see the scores if they so wish or do you just wait to see if anyone asks?Or, is this something that is mentioned to parents at an earlier point in the year?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest Pebble123

We dont give the actual scores but do have to say whether the child has achieved an average, above average or below average score. Dont agree with this and always makes me sad for the 'below average ' ones.

Sorry, locked myself out of my new account for a few days as I could remember neither my user name or password. Must be that time of year!! Many thanks for replying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)