Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Caterpillar Ideas

Hi all, We're due to be inspected and our topic is minibeasts but more than likely we'll be looking at caterpillars. Does anyone have fabby ideas about them? All help is appreciated

My Mum bought some caterpillars for my sister and my niece and they looked after them until they turned into butterflies. I'm getting some for my class this year so should be exciting to watch them as long as I remember to feed them and the plants!

Have a look on the Eric Carle website for Hungry Caterpillar resources - there were some good ones when I last looked.

My Mum bought some caterpillars for my sister and my niece and they looked after them until they turned into butterflies. I'm getting some for my class this year so should be exciting to watch them as long as I remember to feed them and the plants!

we did that last year and it was fab. We got ours from insectlore and they came with their own food. Really easy and exciting! They grow so fast!

I made my own version of the very hungry caterpillar using photos- http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...mp;showfile=493

and we made a video with the children's fingers painted green to act as the tiny caterpillar and real food. The children made large collaged butterfly and coccoon for the end of the film and i got my best reader and speaker to narrate, lots of aww factor in that one!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)