Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas On How To

My dear darling son, after a night out on the town, was sick on his bedroom floor on Sat.

However, this was not discovered by me until Sunday morning (Happy Mothers day Mum :o ) and therefore the smell seems to have penetrated deep into the pile.

I've washed it and used an odour neutralising spray on it, but it still stinks. Any ideas on how to get the smell out ?

I've read that vinegar or baking soda/bi-carb do the trick anyone else heard/used these ideas.

Help!!!!

Could try bi-carb (that would be my choice)

Sprinkle a pile on top leave it for as long as poss- then hoover. The only problem with this is....if it doesn't work, you could end up with a stinky hoover too!!!!!!!!!

Hope he got you something better once the guilt kicked in :oxD:(:(:(

Welcome to the club :o I found a bed sheet with vomit on 2 days after the event although the lads swore they'd told me.

I saw a house cleaning programme where bicarbonate of soda was spinled on the carpet, they said it absorbs odours, maybe it'll help?

(I was always of the opinion that the Bounty pack we get when our babies are born should have included much more helpful things)

Edited by Rea

bicarb does help remove odours... often used it in a room when my son was sensitive to smells because of his treatment ....

the odour neutralising stuff never works that well.. don't like it very much.... although have seen one in a carpet powder somewhere...

shampoo the carpet may help... or use one of those vanish carpet cleaner for spot cleaning.. used that for spills well but not sure about the smells...

and arm the room with a bucket.. permanently.... a great big one.. in a colour which will be seen...

Hope he got you something better once the guilt kicked in :oxD:(:(:(

Yes, him and his sister bought me a spa day! He even roped in my friends kids to do the same so that we could go together.

Will try bi-carb I think. Will have to be a big pot though as he managed to get it all down his stairs!

Don't want to boast but I can beat that!

My delightful (he really is sometimes) son who was 19 at the time asked me to help him clean his room as "there's a funny smell in there". Much against my better judgement (as I haven't had a tetanus for a while!!) I agreed. A few minutes in we found the cause of the "funny smell"; a lovely pile of sick, covered up with a towel, that had happened 3 WEEKS PREVIOUSLY (I do apologise if you are eating!!!), and had started going mouldy.He then vaguely remembered it happeneing but had no recollection till confronted with the evidence!!!

I'm sure you can imagine my response and actions (and some words that I can't possibly publish here!!)

It has, naturally, left a stain on the carpet, but with alot of carpet shampooing, a rug doctor was best, the worse of it has gone and no smell thankfully!!!

He doesn't make a habit of getting in that state thankfully, but he always makes the toilet now!!!!

What happened to my sweet little boy??? Only joking, he is still lovely!!!

Years ago my small son was violently car sick just before we parked the car at Stranraer harbour to cross to Ireland (as foot passengers - we were leaving car)for a week to see grandparents.

All we could get (it was early evening) was chip shop vinegar to help reduce smell.

After a week at quayside - and it was July - car only smelt of vinegar which quickly cleared.

korkycat

A friend and I were only saying last week how it gets worse as they get older and no matter who tells us we never believe it until our own children get older. All those nights pacing round the house with a cryng baby, sleepless nights, worry about feeds, coughs, sniffles.

Watching over the cot to check they're breathing at least prepares us for listening to them breathing after a night on the beer. But those baby days are so much simpler.

And to add...there is the stain of vomit down my oldest sons bedroom window and on the sill, totally impossible to reach from inside or out. A constant reminder of my mothering skills!

Forgot to say - I also found a pile of sick in his wash basket - oh well I suppose the clothes needed washing anyway.

UUUMMMMM UUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM the spell of sick everytime I go upstairs - Lovely! :o