Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What sort of avatar do you want Gwen? If you have an idea of the sort of thing you'd like it will probably make it easier to point you in the right direction. Animated, photo, humorous, personal? Lots of scope! :)

Type in animated gif into any search engine and you will come up with loads of sites. All you have to do then is save it on to your computer (but you need to know where you save it!) and then you can load it into your control panel. Many of these sites come complete with loads of ads etc so be warned! :D

When choosing an avatar pleassssssssssssssssse don't choose anything tooooooo jazzy it can trigger a migraine in some people.

Thank you.

Why havent you got one Mazlittle?

30861[/snapback]

Well I'm hopeless at making decisions! And now I'm watching this programme about hidden body language, so I guess I'll obsess now about what my chosen avatar says about me...

Something plain and simple, I think!!

Maz

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to GET a blooming avatar but am very confused.

I searched avatars and found loads but on the My Controls thing it lists a load of files you can't use including GIF but on this thread you are all saying to look for GIF files????

I think it was just a suggestion tracey that people didnt chnage them too often partly because the very bright animated ones can trigger bad heads in some people, (like me), but also because many of us recognise who is who because of their avatar (me again). It wasnt cast in stone though so If you want to change it, go ahed before we get too familiar

Now there's a thought... :o

Talking of which, the found Callum thread spurred me onto sorting out Rosie's book blush blush

I have your address Hali and will try REALLY hard to get her packed up and sent this week.

• 5 months later...

Spring is sprung so the summer Snowdon has taken the place of the snowy one. :D

Avatars are called avatars because....

An image you select or create to represent yourself to the other party in a chat or instant messaging (IM) session. An avatar is a caricature, not a realistic photo and can be a simple image or a bizarre fantasy figure. Avatar is a Sanskrit word that means the incarnation of a god on earth, and this usage of the term came from the gaming and 3D chat worlds.

Meaning of Avatar

The term 'AVATAR' means one who was descended, but descended from where and to what? It means descended from Godliness to human form. Avatar means those who descended to Earth from the Spiritual world for the establishment of Dharma, preservation of the human race and promulgation of Sastra. Avatar means the person who descends, as a fully or partially empowered incarnation of Divine Mother Adhiparasakthi, from the spiritual realm for a particular mission. An Avatar is also called a Savior, that is a person who saves or rescues mankind from the danger of deterioration. When a savior appears on this Earth all are saved through his grace.

OK? :oxD:D

strange coincidence .... my daughter asked me what and Avatar was the other day after watching an episod of "charmed" and now I know .....

but to be honest :-

for ages I thought the word was aviator not avatar!!

:o Durrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Promulgation is the act of formally proclaiming new legislation to the public. This occurs when the law receives final formal approval. It is generally performed by the head of state who acts in accordance with either constitutional rules or convention :D:D

Couldnt help myself :o:D