Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Staff

Hi all,

I am currently awaiting registration from OFSTED for a new playgroup.

We are looking to open in September of this year.

I have been approached by a lady with an NVQ level 2 and she is exactly what we are looking for!

My question is: Is it too early to send out an offer of employment her? or do I just state in the letter that

the job is subject to OFSTED registration and state the expected start date.

Hope you can help :o

She is currently working part-time in the evenings so would not need to give notice as she would continue this work as well as pre-school.

I don't want to employ her until september but I want her to know that the job will be guaranteed in september (provding ofsted register us!)

Hope this makes sense!

Personally, I don't see why you can't offer the job, subject to whatever conditions you feel appropriate, especially as she seems to be the person you feel is the right one, at least you should both know then, where you stand, particularly if OFSTED drag their heels for any length of time and you need to delay her start.

Hi klc106, my only thought on this would be that you mentioned this lady approached you? I'm just wondering what sort of recruitment process you have in place, eg did you interview her and do you have a record of that?

Looking at your recruitment processes would, or at last, I would expect it to be, part of your pre registration checks with your LA, and possibly in your suitable persons too.

Im also wondering how many staff you have or expect to have?

If everything is in order with these things, then go ahead and make the offer, with the usual 'subject to OFSTEd registration' and suggest an expected start date.

Good luck with it

Hi klc106, my only thought on this would be that you mentioned this lady approached you? I'm just wondering what sort of recruitment process you have in place, eg did you interview her and do you have a record of that?

Looking at your recruitment processes would, or at last, I would expect it to be, part of your pre registration checks with your LA, and possibly in your suitable persons too.

Im also wondering how many staff you have or expect to have?

If everything is in order with these things, then go ahead and make the offer, with the usual 'subject to OFSTEd registration' and suggest an expected start date.

Good luck with it

Quite right Mundia - as usual, I had expected that the normal formalities had been completed and that is why the job would be on offer.