Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection Policy

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

We have merged our Safeguarding Children's policy and Child Protection policy together. First question: is this acceptable?

My committee member has used the Pre School Learning Alliance lay out and some of their wording for our policy.

Second question: Have we covered everything. Are we up to date with the legislation and Act?

Third question: where will we find the Area Safeguarding Children Committee guidelines?

Fourth question: Is there a Protection of Children Act document/booklet and if so should one be on our premises?

I am happy once I have updated the policy to put it in to the resources library but, would like to firstly make sure that all the information is correct and I have covered everything.

Thank you for any assistance on this matter.

hi havent had time to read through but it should be safeguarding policy not child protection - so need to change the titles even though you have merged the two .

we used the preschool learning alliance policies as they are very thorough .

Edited by blondie

hi havent had time to read through but it should be safeguarding policy not child protection - so need to change the titles even though you have merged the two .

we used the preschool learning alliance policies as they are very thorough .

Sorry you haven't had many replies and sorry again I am in the same boat time wise but just popped in to say I think you will find safeguarding commitees are a thing of the past and have been replaced by 'Local safeguarding children's board'. I also know that you should include the social care telephone number you would use. sorry not to be more help right now but will try and read your policy fully a bit later

In answer to your 4th question, you should have the booklet about what to do if you suspect abuse. I'll have a look and see if I have it downloaded

It's an HM Government document and there's a page I have laminated as a poster - the flowchart

What_to_do_if_you_are_worried_a_child_is_being_abused___summary.pdf

Edited by Cait

Check out www.lscbnorthamptonshire.org.uk for help and support - there are downloadable posters, flowcharts etc on there.

I don't think you have all the most up-to-date legislation quoted but I'll check on my local SCB site, which is currently unavailable for essential updates, and come back to you.

Nona

Firstly colechin, were you aware that you have left your setting's name on the policy, and also the names of staff members? You might want to remove your policy and re-upload it once you've removed the identifying details.

Secondly, I'd get your local authority development officer to look it over - they will be able to offer you advice that complies with local safeguarding procedures and policy and to advise if any of the legislation you quote is out of date.

As Cait says, you should have a copy of the 'what to do' booklet, especially since it is specifically mentioned in your policy. Our LA used to provide the LSCB policies in a booklet but now we have it all online.

We have merged our Safeguarding Children's policy and Child Protection policy together. First question: is this acceptable?

My committee member has used the Pre School Learning Alliance lay out and some of their wording for our policy.

Second question: Have we covered everything. Are we up to date with the legislation and Act?

Third question: where will we find the Area Safeguarding Children Committee guidelines?

Fourth question: Is there a Protection of Children Act document/booklet and if so should one be on our premises?

I am happy once I have updated the policy to put it in to the resources library but, would like to firstly make sure that all the information is correct and I have covered everything.

Thank you for any assistance on this matter.

hi i have to admit i havent read the whole policy but i cant see Ofsted telephone number, which you have to have on safeguarding policy. I also used the PLA layout and wording.

Guest colechin

Thank you everyone for you replies.

Gosh, I had not realised that I had left setting name in and staff member. I will have a go at deleting then re attaching.

Once again thank you for your replies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)