Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tuff Spot

Found these in the forum gallery;

A messy Elmer

Flora & Fauna

And more flora

Have to say I had forgotten what great pics of displays there are in the gallery....if you have some more to add though feel free :o

And here's a link to a previous tuff spot conversation that might give some ideas.

I haven't got any pics to hand but we put all sorts in ours...............

animals and mats

sand for pattern making

water for boats

the castle and knights

shredded paper

porridge oats

cars and paint for making tracks

ball and paint roll ball in paint and then roll over paper

with sand and thespaceships and rockets

whatever you use on a table top you can use in the tuff spot and it has those shallow sides so things dont fall off/ out

you can use it for all manner of water or sand play

small world play

we use it as a lid sometimes on the tyre sand tray!!

The uses are probably as limitless as your imagination.

Featherstone do do a little book of tuff spots though for further inspiration!

Enjoy!!

Edited by Scarlettangel

Hi not sure if you have bought yours yet but B&Q its called a cement ........? not sure what they call it but it is a lot cheaper than the soft tuff. We have one of each and difficult to tell them apart.

As to what to put in it, we have had leaves, water for exploring, any construction and small world toys, dirt,soil,mud, gloop,paint, sand, we use them both indoors and out.

They really are great for on the floor, on a table, they are absolutely great for everything. :o

can also be called a builders tray.. got ours from local builders merchant, really cheaply... lot less than the suppliers..

Yep - that's what we have - it was about £4 or £5.00 from 'Homebase' - mind that was a long time ago! :o

the photos posted are mine and I also found these. The Christmas one what you can't see is that the tray is on a hexagonal table with a a string washing line around the legs so the children could hang (fine manipulation) and create pattern sequences (PSR)

Not in correct order!

1. Christmas selection

2. Sequins in jelly with tweezers. Also done this with dinosaurs in a bucket of jelly for Harry

3. Damped wood shavings with diggers

4. Fine sand and sequins for Diwali fireworks

5. Flour and fine paint brushes

6. Handa's suprise with dry sand

7. Yellow and blue cornflour to make green.

8. Autumn

9. Vocano

10.Shaving foam

Edited by Guest

we used to make the volcano using a plastic tub or bottle which we surrounded by sand or playdough...

for smaller ones we used a yoghurt tub , then we had lots in the same tray.

we added the bicarb in the bottom, then the food colour to the liquid... we used lime juice, or lemon juice.. but usual one is white vinegar.. then just pour onto the bicarb.. more bicarb, more fizz...

the photos posted are mine and I also found these. The Christmas one what you can't see is that the tray is on a hexagonal table with a a string washing line around the legs so the children could hang (fine manipulation) and create pattern sequences (PSR)

Not in correct order!

1. Christmas selection

2. Sequins in jelly with tweezers. Also done this with dinosaurs in a bucket of jelly for Harry

3. Damped wood shavings with diggers

4. Fine sand and sequins for Diwali fireworks

5. Flour and fine paint brushes

6. Handa's suprise with dry sand

7. Yellow and blue cornflour to make green.

8. Autumn

9. Vocano

10.Shaving foam

fab pictures.thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)