Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Webchat - Who Would You Pick?

Hi,

This post has come about mainly due to severe boredom and way too much time on my laptop with not much to do... xD

Many other sites (Mumsnet, Netmums, etc) have guests in for webchats about different topics e.g. politicians, authors, celebrities, experts, etc. But I have never seen a 'practitioners' site do the same thing.

So I'm wondering if you could have anyone (alive, preferably) who would you want to see do a webchat on a practitioners site?

Also, maybe why you would want to have them or what questions you ask them?

Just a bit of fun really :o

For example, I would quite like to ask Jo Frost (aka Supernanny) why she chooses to use the word 'naughty'

N.B. I had friends around last night and ended up having to spend a rather large portion of my 'relaxing' evening explaining why we don't use the word at my work, only to be told that it was stupid because "Supernanny uses it. If Supernanny told you to use it I bet you would!"

*sigh*

Ooh, Penny Tassoni would be good!

Had to google the puddle reference but then laughed when I found out what you meant!!

I'd quite like Justin/Mr Tumble...but then again I'm just a big kid :o

I would like to get the person whoever it is that has overall say on early years and ask why there is so much inconsistancy with planning ie what should be done, how we run, what formats to use etc, .

I am fed up with striving to improve my setting only to read or hear about someone elses proceedures only to feel totally stressed that I am not doing enough or am I doing it right, If we all followed the same format life would be a whole lot easier!!!

rant over!! Sorry!

I would like to get the person whoever it is that has overall say on early years and ask why there is so much inconsistancy with planning ie what should be done, how we run, what formats to use etc, .

I am fed up with striving to improve my setting only to read or hear about someone elses proceedures only to feel totally stressed that I am not doing enough or am I doing it right, If we all followed the same format life would be a whole lot easier!!!

rant over!! Sorry!

I know this is off topic but I am sure I cannot be the only one who would have hated it to be prescriptive and one size fits all...

cannot imagine anything worse than being told to have a format to use.. for us it was better to develop and take ownership of our planning and ensure the child came first.. in a way we could understand and work together.. sorry but for us this would have been a nightmare.. our planning changed and developed regularly, one year may not fit the next year of children or staff...

now inconsistency in inspections, and funding, and directives from LEAs...

back to topic... sorry but not into web chats so unable to contribute really.. .

Peter Dixon, and I'd ask him if he has been doing any puddle jumping lately :o

Peggy

I bet he has been splashing in muddy muddles! He spoke at a conference I attended and made us all wet ouselves laughing and weep too. He was very moving and inspiring.

I know this is off topic but I am sure I cannot be the only one who would have hated it to be prescriptive and one size fits all...

cannot imagine anything worse than being told to have a format to use.. for us it was better to develop and take ownership of our planning and ensure the child came first.. in a way we could understand and work together.. sorry but for us this would have been a nightmare.. our planning changed and developed regularly, one year may not fit the next year of children or staff...

now inconsistency in inspections, and funding, and directives from LEAs...

back to topic... sorry but not into web chats so unable to contribute really.. .

I can see where you are coming from and should have put it in a different way as i too believe in taking ownership. WhatI meant was that when you are told by someone that you are doing to much and should condense only to be told by someone else that its not enough!!! does get slightly annoying!!!

What a fabulous photo, Gezabel!

I always thought I was the only one who had issues with Supernanny - so glad that is not the case :)

I think it would be quite entertaining to watch you all ask questions to a childcare inspector! Though I can't think of what I would ask myself - it's Monday my brain still hasn't quite woken up yet :o