Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's The Difference?

kristina

Hi

I have applied through UCAS for my Foundation Degree in Early Years & Education, however my application was 4 weeks late (didn't realise I had to apply through UCAS). Anyway I haven't heard anything yet and according to UCAS it could be July before I hear anything!!

Another local college is also offering a Foundation Degree in Early Years and Playwork, not sure whether to also apply for this one to hedge my bets. Problem is I cant find much info on the 2nd Degree and just wondered if anyone on here has or is doing it?

I own my own Pre-School and I'm not involved at all in breakfast or after school clubs and I'm wondering if the 2nd one is more aimed at OSC's rather than Pre-Schools.

Hope someone can shed some light!!

Kris

Sorry you've not had any response Kristina. I think you are right in your assumption that 'playwork' is more for before and after school clubs - but I'm quite prepared to be wrong! Have you tried googling it to see what comes up?

Gosh - how did this one get missed?

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies. Have you thought of calling the college direct and asking for more information? They'd be able to advise whether it would be appropriate for you or not. The playwork element might add an interesting dimension to the degree and broaden your horizons!

I did speak to the college and they certainly seemed to think it was a suitable degree, however their numbers are quite low for this degree as they have only just started to offer it so I'm wondering if they are obviously trying to push their numbers up and also if there'll be teething problems along the way as course hasn't been offered before! Think I will add it to my application and just see what comes up!!

Kris

I teach on a FdA in Early Years but my students do a module on Playwork within that. It is quite different to what they are used to and to what they do in their early years jobs. But I agree that it would be useful to get more advice from the university and possibly also the CWDC qualification checker thingy to see if it is classed as relevant.

Well I received a conditional offer today for the second degree that I applied for (the one with the playwork element). I haven't had anything back yet from my first choice, Anglia Ruskin are asking for proof of my qualifications this was the only condition! I assumed there would be an interview and a piece of written work but the conditional offer letter is only asking for copies of certificates! Has anyone alse applied through UCAS like this and if so isn't there usually an interview or something?

I did check and this degree is fully valid and can be topped up to a B A Honours, so don't know whether to wait and see if the other college comes back to me, and if I do that I don't know how long I can leave it before replying to original offer (no date on letter). So confusing I think there should be a qualification in applying for these things!! :o

Kris

If your application is strong then universities may not need to interview you. Remember that you are experienced in the field!

I have nearly finished my fd with Anglia Ruskin, had to have an interview but one of the other girls on the course applied late and didn't have one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)