Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Code Of Practice Free Entitlement Review

mundia

Nursery World reports that review of the code of practice will be launched i the near future. This could be another opportunity for those who have concerns over funding particularly to air their views. We will look out for this launch if and when it happens.

On another note but possibly related, came across this which I dont think we had flagged up before

Take up of early years places by disadvantaged families

I would welcome some changes in the current climate but have only just got my head around the last 'new' Code Of Practice!!! With that and the Single Funding Formula, Head Count changes, Consultations, Census, reorganisation in the LA, fighting new lease agreements, solicitors meeting, MP lobbying, New social services structure bla bla bla!

I welcome the day when I can focus on improving practice and spending a bit more time on the floor!

Or am I deluding myself :o

Sorry, that sounds very negative doesn't it.

Have only been manager for 18 months (or is that 25 years) and have to say the 'business' side of running a setting is something I couldn't see through my rose tinted glasses and am still trying to come to terms with, but this is another topic entirely so ignore me!

Thanks mundia for highlighting the evidence of take up of disadvantaged children.

Have scoured it very briefly and does appear a little out of date with regard to take up of hours as we are now offering 15 hrs as to 12.5 hrs as stated in this report.

Certainly worth a read though. :o

Have scoured it very briefly and does appear a little out of date with regard to take up of hours as we are now offering 15 hrs as to 12.5 hrs as stated in this report.

Yes the report came out at the end of last year, but the research was done during 2009 I believe. Reports like this often take a while from collecting data to publication.

I do wonder though if the increase in hours doesn't necessarily mean increase in uptake.

Moo, Im sure we all feel that 'moving the goalposts' syndrome, Just get used to one thing, then someone says why don't we review it and its all change again.

Which is all the more reason to be aware of these reviews when they come up so that we can hopefully have the opportunity to voice our opinions on them..Im sure there area range of views on the code of practice and changes that should be made to it.

Lol!! I'm not sure if I can even remember what the goal posts look like in our LA, they move too quickly!

I wonder if you can help me understand this though. I have just read the article in full and feel like I must be missing something vital! In fact I've just emailed our head of all things early years at the LA to ask the same question as it concerns me!

In our area our fees are about in line with most others, 3.40 for 3-4's and 3.70 for 2's. Now, under the new agreement we will be recieving more than 3.70 per hour. Hmmm.

Most of our children are stand alone, the 'flexible' element means we are offerring patterns of delivery that are indeed less flexible than what we were previously doing, however, so much easier to administer. I don't have to move sessions mid term which is actually a god send, but have 'bent' the rules for families in times of desperation, due to bereavement etc.

I had a call last week from a mum who lives in one of the home counties, she nearly choked when I told her a day would cost 22.20, she's currently paying 60! Maybe if our fees were drastically higher it would be more of a concern.

Just would like to know if I'm missing something or looking at this from the wrong direction......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)