Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Phones

Hi,

I recently received a flyer about 'Storyphones' www.storyphones.co.uk as they are VERY expensive I was wondering if anyone has used them, they look fantastic, also have any of you , staff or parents have any concerns regarding the fact that they are wireless?

Julie :o

We really wanted some but the cost ruled them out. However wonderful we could just think of so many others things we could do with the money. We are thinking of asking the PSA as they like a target/item to raise for.

Can I be really cheeky here and say that I have a brand new set of story phones still in their box (only taken out to play with and see how they work!) which I will be selling due to the closure of my group. If anyone would like to make me an offer I'd be happy to consider it!

Sorry to be so bold!

Hi Maz we would certainly be interested in purchasing these from you, but would need to get the ok from our committee.

Have you got a price in mind.

Hate to think of you having to sell off all your equipment xD , but i know our children would certainly gain a lot from using them and that they would be a fantastic resource.

Many thanks. :o

We have them, obtained with a resources grant, I am ashamed to say that we have hardly used them!! Mainly because the majority of my staff seem to take great delight in being those annoying people who say ooh cant use technology/ all i can do with computers is switch them on!! Consequently it is only myself and my deputy who use them. Also I tried to install the software onto a different computer and it told me that it wasn't compatible with the newer one.

We had a sponsored event at the beginning of the year and we let parents know that the story phones are what we wanted to purchase and why. We were so fortunate to raise the money (and a bit more!) and are now the proud owners The children and parents love them and they are in constant use. Once installed the software is simple, especially converting CD's to MP3 in order to put your own music, songs and stories on. The fact that they are wireless is brilliant as it means that the children can move freely around the nursery and listen to their song etc wherever they choose. We have even had them on outside.

We are just about to embark on a music project so using the little remote console with a record and playback option opens up all possibilities.

I am curious to know Julie what your concerns about wireless are? Also Happy Maz have you a price in mind as our Reception group are thinking about purchasing some and would be interested too.

Thanks for all your replies, I think we will go for them:) If you dont manage to sell yours Maz let me know as ultimately we will need 2 sets....but will have to save between purchases!

Most of my staff are IT savvy so we won't have a problem using them.

With regard to the 'wireless' concern one of my staff commented that if mobile phones are not safe for children because of 'radio waves' in the environment maybe these would be the same???

Didn't cross my mind..... thats why I thought I would ask on the forum :o

Julie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)