Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Neff Electric Hob - It's Melted!

Well, we inherited the hob with the house and up to a month ago I had the manual - can't find it anywhere now! So I have no idea of the model number and can't find the image anywhere online.

Last night I took a tray out of the oven and put it on a warm (cooling down) ring. Hour later washing up I took the tray off the hob and a hole has been created- the glass has melted! But the bit that's missing is stuck to the underside of the baking tray so not really melted?. See photos.

I don't know if the ring can be used now. I assumed the hob was heat proof!

I am in a muddle - has anyone out there ever had their ceramic hob melt?

post-21681-1296642233_thumb.jpg

post-21681-1296642261_thumb.jpg

post-21681-1296642275_thumb.jpg

I thought the idea of ceramic was that it didnt melt?

Have you tried emailing NEFF? I had one of their ovens years ago, it was designed by man who didnt undrestand a drop down door would collect all sorts of rubbish at the hinges!

Looks like there must have been a drop of oil or something between the two surfaces which has caused some spot overheating. Hmm, go for insurance on this one perhaps - I'm sure (on past experience) that Niff-Naff-Neff will say it's your fault and cross their arms and harrumph at you

Thank you

As we didn't buy it, have no idea when it was installed or what model number it is, I think we'll have to live with it and use the other 3 rings. It's rare I'd have all 4 on the go anyway.

Your hob looks like our one - its an induction hob (The Hairy Bikers don't like them) not a ceramic one.

Here is the link to the Neff Induction hobs page

http://www.neff.co.uk/why_induction.html

Not sure who to contact insurance or Neff. Neff would be very surprised to hear of the fault - there stuff is usually top notch and highly rated - we got ours from John Lewis and they only sell the really good models.

Yes, I read that page and assumed it wasn't an induction hob as it takes ages to cool down and their blurb says otherwise. Do you have the model number from the instruction booklet?