Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Serious Case Review Meetings

Be invited to a serious case review meeting with regards to the Little Ted Nursery by our LEA, should I attend it? Never been to one before

If so i know setting isn't keen for me to attend during the day so means I have to cancel plans to attend the evening one instead.

i to think you need to go... you should know what is being recommended..

and I too believe they should let you go during the day.. paying for your attendance..

Oh yes - absolutely they should pay you!

Can I ask a question - are you in the same area as 'Little Ted's'?

From the emails i am guessing over 100 settings from playgroups. out of school clubs and day nurseries so pretty much everyone in the area

I'd say the LEA is very keen to pass on some information to you all, and that you should definitely attend, and that your setting should get cover to enable you to do so.

No copletely different LEA miles and miles away. Little Ted's is South of England and were North East

Oh right.....hmmm......perhaps we will all be having these 'briefings' then..... :o

How are you getting on with this - have you reached an agreement yet?

I would definitely go if you are invited to any serious case reviews meetings. There are nearly always recommendations for LAs, which would then be passed on as needed to settings; schools or other relevant organisations.

It is worth knowing that not all serious case reviews hit the headlines, either locally or nationally. Many LAs publish results of any SCRs on their websites.

There is a bit of info here about when SCRs happen and why.

The Little Teds SCR can be found here