Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Plastic Jugs

I got one from Tesco but it was ages ago, in my childminding days. The lid clipped on and there was a bit which turned so the pouring spout was open or closed. Might be worth a look to see if they still do them.

This is what we have and it works really well. I think it is actually sold to hold a litre carton of orange juice.

We just don't fill it full and even the tinies are OK with it - I also think it's nice to have fresh water regularly anyway so refilling isn't an issue really

As an alternative to a jug we decided to get a water filter unit. It is a square box thing which holds the water, it has a tap that the children can push on to get water on. It is small enough to sit on the shelf of the fridge so we can even cool the water over night. We have a bucket under the tap in case of spillages. The children love to push on the tap and dispense the water. It is nice to offer them filtered water as the water round here tends to be cloudy.

We did look into getting a proper water cooler but the cost didn't justify it.

I got some fridge door jugs - hold about a litre with a snap lock sealed lid and pouring spout with clip top, they are in the dishwasher daily - tice a day and have had them about 3 years now . Got them in Sainsburys or Homebase and think they were addis ones :o

As an alternative to a jug we decided to get a water filter unit. It is a square box thing which holds the water, it has a tap that the children can push on to get water on. It is small enough to sit on the shelf of the fridge so we can even cool the water over night. We have a bucket under the tap in case of spillages. The children love to push on the tap and dispense the water. It is nice to offer them filtered water as the water round here tends to be cloudy.

We did look into getting a proper water cooler but the cost didn't justify it.

I like the sound of this Suzie, can you remember where you got it from?

thanks for your replies everyone plenty of places to have a look.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)