Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Sef

lynned55

It's driving me mad! I'm sure I'm one of the last (if not the last) to do so but having finally completed my sef (actually it was completed last Sept!!) I am going around in circles trying to put it online. If I google Ofsted Online, then the link takes me to a place that wants my government gateway registration (not prepared to do that as I use it for personal stuff) but nowhere can I find a page that I can enter in my 'security tag' that we were sent. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please?

Hiya - You will have to enter your Gateway details........

Are you using https://online.gov.uk/onlineofsted/public/launchportal.aspx

That should launch a 'pop up' web browser window

then you enter your Gateway details - you could get to this point by using https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/default.aspx and clicking Login/Register

Hope this helps

Good luck! :o

I hate the governent gateway stuff. I've got 2 for pre-school for tax, one for self assessment and one for end of year, one for paying my NIC etc, i had one sent for motoring today (?), and one for ofsted! Can't I just have one for everything!

Well I rang them, to be told that I had registered and been given a user id back in 2009!! Couldn't do anything as I now need them to talk me through whilst I am at the computer and connected to internet, so need to do it at home I think I am doomed with this!!.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I've spent weeks updating my SEF and tonight I'm ready to upload it but can't access it through the launch portal - HELP!

First of all the launch portal wouldn't open in a separate window so I followed the link on here and was able to log in with my gateway and password but then it tells me I do not have permission to access the SEF. The account name now also reads the Chair of the Committee not mine so I'm wondering if somehow when the Committee changed last year if it alters things somehow?

MMM...Maybe Ofsted are trying to tell me that the Committee should be putting all this time in instead of me.......

Has anyone had similar problems or know of a solution? Have e-mailed my chair but no response.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)