Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Proposed Nursery Nurse Wage Cut

Hi , Just wondered if any one else has any information on the proposed wage cut for nursery nurses, a friend has been sent an email saying that she may loose £4.500 if the proposal goes a head. She is in North east Lincolnshire and we were wondering if it was happening just in her region or all over the country.

Is she in a school by any chance? It could be the implementation of Single Status, or if she works with children with special needs, it could be the removal of the SEN allowance. Probably best to speak to your local union rep to see what is happening in your part of the world.

Cuts probably. We have all had letters telling us to sign new contract so we don't get a pay rise for the next four years or lose job basically. That includes NN staff in schools. Teaching staff not affected because they are on TP+C.

Just as the bankers get their bonuses eh! There's all of us in it together I don't think.

Cx

Just as the bankers get their bonuses eh! There's all of us in it together I don't think.

That's the Big Society for you catma. I guess morale must be very low within the team at the moment - you're hardly in a good place to offer the much needed support to groups like mine at the moment. Who is supporting you? :o

Maz, I suppose we support each other, Its good I work in a strong team, but who knows what will happen if we all end up applying for the same jobs when our jobs go?

I find it just as annoying as the settings do, that I cant get out to support them as we have done in the past, because we are getting fewer in number.

But, we tie a knot in the rope and hang on!

We keep asking the questions , but no one seels to have the answers get the impression that they have already decided that it will be brought on.

We keep asking the questions , but no one seels to have the answers get the impression that they have already decided that it will be brought on.

Meeting on the 18/1/11 so maybe have more answers. :o

That's the Big Society for you catma. I guess morale must be very low within the team at the moment - you're hardly in a good place to offer the much needed support to groups like mine at the moment. Who is supporting you? :o

As the others say we work around what we can do and try not to get survivor guilt for still having a job (pay rise or no pay rise)!

But it will get tougher I expect as the cuts bite more and LAs cut back to their statutory duties and only their statutory duties.

I get enormous job satisfaction from the feedback from the settings I work with and that does keep you going. And the support from groups like this one.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)