Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Burst Pipes

Scarlettangel

Sorry to hear about the flooding - and anyone else who has suffered is also in my thoughts . A few years back we returned from the Christmas break to 3" of water all over our baby area - riuned carpets/units and lots of equipment , all caused by cowboy workmen who did some shortcuts when they came in just before Christmas. Was a bit of a nuisance for a few days but we coped - and the insurance covered the damage, at least it all happened when the children weren't around , as that would have been much worse. Good luck with the clearup, at least you found it before the children are due back.

Yes, same here, scarletangel......................all new carpets throughout the building last week, and we've gone in to the same thing ( in fact, your pics could easily be my place!). I'm up to almost £800 worth of books, and still counting, the fridge, the computer, our community playthings blocks, book cases and drawer units, not to mention a host of art/craft materials, thats just for starters,I really hope insurance will cover it!

Thanks for your thoughts everyone and hope everything your end gets sorted soon Narnia.

No news from my end!

At the end of Wednesday no dehumidifiers could be found or machines to suck up the water...............

Not sure what has happened since then........... I have expected my Head to call but he hasn't!

I am worried because we are maintained in mornings and then from 11.30 we are private so many children stay all day and then go onto afterschool club..................

I wondered if we might be able to use the childrens centre on site, right next door as it is only used 2 sessions a week.

That might enable things to progress normally ish!

We had new children due to start too on the 4th!

Will keep you posted!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Use the children's centre! We had terrible trouble finding a dehumidifier, but managed on day three of the wetness. We also found a wet/dry hoover, so we've been sucking up as much as we can from the carpets..........almost 80 litres so far, and more to go! Good luck with yours!

Me too! Caretaker went in on Thurs to find an inch of water in my classroom....burst heating pipe. Has run all down the walls, so no electricity, can't even put de-humidifiers on to dry it out yet. My classroom was totoally redecorated over the summer and I have spent all term working on the classroom environment trying to get it just right for my Reception class... Not sure what's going to happen next week, whole school may have to be shut if heating isn't fixed. And if its open I'll probably be in the hall with my class. Lots of sympathy to everyone in the same boat!!

Just an update on the flooded nursery.............. we are indeed in the childrens centre running sessions as normally as we can.

It looked as though we were going to get into nursery on wednesday but the boiler went in school and that meant no heating to help dry out the carpet that last bit!!

However carpet now dry but electrics for the fire alarm and school security system all gone to pot down our end so the Head wants us to stay where we are until thats sorted.

I feel like I have been on holiday but now the novelty has worn off and I want to go "home"!!!!!!

Maybe today will bring good news!!

Hope everyone else is managing :o