Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good News

This probably sounds like im bragging but I am just so relieved and happy after two years of being on committee of a pre-school. We have been through hell after joining and finding the preschool in financial difficulty, lots of requirements not quite met etc. etc., Slowly we have clawed it back, introduced 2 yr olds, lunch clubs and lots of other changes. Then we managed to swing a grant for a new building only to have it taken away again 3 weeks before work would start. Then after fighting to get it again, then our Managers and one other staff member resigning. Staff and Committee conflict. I could write a book on it! But we now have a brand new building starting next week and to top it all we have been awarded lots of pennies in a grant for new equipment and furniture. At last what our staff and children deserve. The moral of the story is dont either give up on what you believe in!! :oxD:(

so glad to hear there is good news out there..we have to be out of our building by september next year...thought we would have the new building under way by then but now unlikely...so have just had to sort temporary site....this is my third buildings project in the last 10 years...if this one doesn'twork out we're stuffed :o I AM SO PLEASED FOR YOU ....I sOOO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM!

Huge congratulations. It's very difficult to have a smmoth ride in committee led settings - great name 'rollercoaster'!

Hope it all goes smoothly from now on,

Spiral.