Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The End Of An Era

I'm only now feeling very sad about my last job. I had left a successful pre school for a new leader to take on.

It never recovered from my departure. Staff are leaving, children are leaving and now it will likely close.

I put a lot of hard work into that pre school and parents tell me it was the best it had been for many years (pre Ofsted). The pre school has been there for 30 years. Although the committee changed, it never recovered from the damage that the last Chair made - she is still causing upset now!

So, I have a full team of staff all looking for jobs and we all want to work with each other. But I want an easy life.... :o

My heart goes out to you, PPP. As others have said, you did all you could and walking away was absolutely the right thing to do. If the pre-school closes will there be an opportunity for a management buy out?

Sounds like they need a good old fashioned coup to extricate the group from the grip of this very destructive person before things go too far. However it isn't easy for people to stand up and be counted, especially parents are now beginning to vote with their feet.

Chin up. :o

You must be heartbroken to see all your hard work disappear. But at least it was good while you were there and you made a differnce to lots of children and their families.

As to the Chair, what goes around, comes around in my opinion, so fingers crossed hey?

It is hard to be a bystander when you were so involved. But you had no choice to walk away, none of this is your fault and if the staff were that concerned they should have stuck up for you a bit more!!! You can't change every child's life and the one's you played a role in will remember all the good you did for a long time to come. It shows how far you've come mentally if you now feel pity not anger. x