Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted And No Sef

StrawberyTwirl

I haven't done my SEF. Was inspected in May and didn't seem to make much difference although inspector did ask if I had. I knew I wasn't up for Outstanding as was only just implementing Learning Journeys so I don't know if it would have affected a higher outcome. Frankly, I think if you can show that you are being reflective in every area - updating policies and procedures etc, I can't see the problem. Would stop them asking questions all flaming day though.

'Please see my SEF (I'm busy with more important children!).

Honey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jenpercy
I haven't done my SEF. Was inspected in May and didn't seem to make much difference although inspector did ask if I had. I knew I wasn't up for Outstanding as was only just implementing Learning Journeys so I don't know if it would have affected a higher outcome. Frankly, I think if you can show that you are being reflective in every area - updating policies and procedures etc, I can't see the problem. Would stop them asking questions all flaming day though.

'Please see my SEF (I'm busy with more important children!).

Honey

what did they grade you if you don't mind my asking? i got the impressino that the SEF is necessary for blowing own trumpet as there is so much that they look at these days that you don't do it unless you say you do it, if you see what I mean

Well I was inspected in January this year and the SEF wasn't even mentioned really and I got a Good throughout, as we had action plans and other types of evaluative material available ans the inspector could see we were refelecting and aware of what was needed to improve I supposed that helped. TBA I still haven't done it and not sure whether I will get round to it now - more important stuff to do really. :o

I have been working on SEF & more or less completed in rough but finding time to do online is another matter. Hope that the fact we have looked at it & reflected on our practice would be enough if inspecetd.

I had completed it on paper, and sent a copy to Ofsted, but the inspector hadn't read it. I never got round to putting it online with problems logging in etc. The inspector hadn't read it, but did take a copy away with her and parts of it were definitly influencial in our final report as she mentioned things that were on the SEF but not talked about at the inspection. So at least it wasn't a complete waste of time!

Clare

we were inspected a couple of weeks ago, have completed our sef -but not yet online, also didnt have the 'paper' copy in the setting for the inspector to see. But i dont think it had any bearing on our inspection tbh - we got a good. we were told if we improved our outside area / freeflow our grading would probably of been an outstanding.

• 3 weeks later...
what did they grade you if you don't mind my asking? i got the impressino that the SEF is necessary for blowing own trumpet as there is so much that they look at these days that you don't do it unless you say you do it, if you see what I mean

Sorry didn't answer - got a good with outstanding aspects in Driving Improvement and Enjoy and Achieve.

I was inspected in December and it was my first inspection. The ofsted inspector said because i had done part of my SEF that she could grade me better as i was aware of where i needed improvemnets etc x I was graded good overall which she said was fab for first inspection. She also said due to the amount of paperwork etc that i had and learning journey that i had a better grade than a first time childminder usually would get xxx