Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whistle Blowing Policy

Alison

I cannt find whistle blowing policies when doing a forum search

I feel ours is only basic, a section in our child protection policy about what to do if we have concerns about a colleague but I wanted to compare what we have with what goes into a whistle blowing policy?

I might be wrong but I suspect after recent news events that this will be something Ofsted might be looking for

thanks

Edited by Alison

If you go to www.birthtofive.org.uk they have lots of sample policies. It is run by our Early Years Advisory Team for Lincolnshire.

If you go to the 'Welfare Requirements Documentation & Guidance section' on the Left hand side you'll find loads of stuff.

http://www.birthtofive.org.uk/welfaresupport.aspx

That's really useful - thanks for adding the link laura! :o

Thank you for that link, I've just recently taken the position of manager and trying to work through and revise all the paper work, that website really helped.

Thanks again :o

Just read this completely gobsmacked i.e. why would you need a poicy about blowing whistles?! and then realised it was not that sort of whistle blowing! :)

Just read this completely gobsmacked i.e. why would you need a poicy about blowing whistles?! and then realised it was not that sort of whistle blowing! :)

LMAO your not alone

my daughter was looking over my shoulder when I was posting this topic and asked why we needed a whistle blowing policy..... I couldn't resist telling her.... "it is essential that all early years workers know the correct procedure for operating a whistle incase they choke" and even at the age of 18 she had to say "really?"

Laura I just want to say the birthtofive site is great just been having a snoop at some of the resources available on it, our LA are only just getting to grips with providing online information.... your lucky.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)