Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Computer Question

Rea

I have no idea how internet security works so this question might be a tad on the silly side, but...

If I have internet security on the home pc, will that protect laptops/notebooks through the wireless connection or should thay have their own?

I ask because I have a notebook that came with 2 months free protection. It runs out soon but when I looked at the disc that came with it, it dawned on me the notebook doesnt take discs!

I havent opened the disc so cant read any instructions incase I need to take it back.

Thank you wise ones :o

you have to install the security on all of the machines individually... it covers the machine not the network.

you can buy software quite cheaply with a licence with covers more than one machine at a time, and we found one on a memory stick so was easy to put onto the notebook.. otherwise Hubby downloaded it to a stick so we could put it on the netbook... or else from the internet and used the licence key we had..

On net book it is probably easier to download one.. but I did find I was having lots of problems with the free ones... and hate Norton as it is so invasive and slowed our machines down , so like Cait would never use it again.

Currently we are using kaspersky and it has been brilliant..easy to use and install, and when I had a problem their help desk and support were very good. PC world were recently selling a licence for 3 machines at a much reduced price, £21.00 we paid.. it was cheaper than the 1 licence copy!

Inge

Hi - my husband has a netbook (with no CD drive) and he had to buy and download his online, you can connect an external CD drive to his netbook so I guess you could load security via that e.g. if you already had 'lives' left on Virus protection software. I've always used Norton which I've never had any problem with ( I seem to be in the minority here!) When we bought our home PC it came with McAfee and we found that to be terrible and the PC had to go back with loads of viruses.