Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ear We Go Again Part 2

beth1

Well that snuck up on me! :oxD

Tomorrow Tuesday 29th March 2009 will be R day! xD

I get my results of a hearing test and the full results of the operation. I am scared yet excited at the same time. :( I have no idea how I am going to mangage a day at work, then go to hosptial. Tea and rush off to brownies/guides in the evening. Something tells me Wednesday is going to be an emotionally draining day! :wacko:

Heres to staying postive through out 2010 being ill with ear infections. An ear operation in November 2010 and recovery, which lasted into March 2011. So start a new phase in the ongoing ear saga - the reabilitation!!! :( Roll on 3.20pm when its the first day of my new life wearing 2 hearing aids instead of 1!!! :(

At least I won't be hearing strange words from the children anymore (we hope). Today was a corker, Child A said to me 'coalisland' 'oh coalisland. I said. 'no, no no!' said the child. Asked the child to ask the other TA, turns out he had been saying 'coral island' Doh, strangely 20 minutes later my hearing aid battery died! pmsl

I will try to post the results tomorrow night sometime.

Good news

Eardrum fully intact and working!

And.....

I can now wear both hearing aids in after 9 months struggling with 1 in.

Right time to jump 'ship' for pastures new. Had a fanastic night hearing the brownies and guides!

• 3 weeks later...

Yipeeeee I got my hearing aids upgraded today.

Last ones where

Makers Seimans (sp)

Model Reflex (just a title)

Letter M (for moderate deafness)

new ones are same make, new model:

Left: Imapact M (for moderate deafness)

Right: Imapct DP (for Servre deafness)

And what a different an updgrade makes. Been driving the parents mad playing with things in the house just to see what noise it makes!!!! Anyone would think I worked with children, ooh hang on i do!: lol:

• 5 years later...

I know this is a very old thread. I can't believe it's 5 years since the last post. However 5 years later this right ear has reared its ugly head, had an infection for the past month and down to that dreaded one hearing aid. Seeing a new ear consultant (30 years one retired at xmas) next Friday to find out what's happening. Let's hope it's not round 2 after 5 years of stability.