Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Positional/directional Activities

Guest laura286

Guest laura286

Hi all,

I am doing positional/directional activities for the following week/2 weeks. I am going to link it in to 'Were going on a bear hunt' and 'Rosies walk' and was wondering if you lovely people had any fabulous ideas you would like to share with me?

Thanks

Laura :o

We play a game with bean bags. Each child has a bean bag sitting in a circle, I begin by asking the children to put it on their head or wave it above their head, then they take turns saying where it should go next, i.e. under your chin, behind your back, beside your foot, between your knees etc. Then we stand up and put it on top of our foot and walk with it, on our heads and walk with it, throw it from left hand to right, put it on top of our foot and flip it up and catch it. Then we gather into a circle again and the children take aim and try to throw theirs into a hoop laid on the floor when their name is called. We make guestimates as to how many bean bags are in the ring and then count them back into the bag.

Guest laura286

What lovely ideas- thank you!!

Didnt think about acting out the bear hunt- great idea!

Yes we have beebots- couldnt decide whether I should introduce them this week, or wait untill the children are more secure with the language.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)