Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Have A Manager!

Hi all

Well at last we have recruited a manager. She is very young (20yrs) but is qualified and has 3 years childcare experience. With her and the current deputy we hope to get things covered. Noone else applied for the job. She was very sensible, got me to forward lots of info to her, came in for a session and we told her exactly how things were. Just need to do lots of training with her, but we think she will take it all on board. Fingers crossed it works out now!

Wow marley I'm so pleased for you. If ever there was a tale of dedication and determination, yours is it! You've worked so hard for so long to find the right manager for your group. I'm so glad all your hard work has paid off!

Maz

• 5 weeks later...

Well done Marley. :o I understand how you must feel! I am trying to find a level 3 to manage one of my settings in Watford. No luck yet. It appears they are hard to find.

Juat an update from me....

Manager yet to start 6 dec as working notice at Nursery.

Got a lovely personal reference from her neighbour who is head teacher of primary school and had to then keep chasing ref from employer. We use a standard format whereby they have to answer questions about the candidate. Well given that this girl has been employed there for over 2 years I have never seen such a brief ref. I am talking about 3 or 4 words and not even a sentence for the answer.

Was going to put copies of ref with EY2 form to speed things up with OFSTED re suitability not sure i can now!??

Have hopefully got her booked on Leadership and Management course, OFSTED inspection course as well as safguarding etc with LEA (so long as the cuits dont affect this!).

Plus poor girl has been given policies and welfare requirements to read and digest. Have yet to give her the SEF!!

Huge congratulations! :o:(xD

I'm sure if you can keep her enthusiasm going, she'll be happy to take on everything from the policies to the SEF and beyond!

Someone mentioned that there were new aspects to ensuring all staff had been checked by Nov 2010, but I can't remember what, who or even why (maybe tax or safeguarding), any ideas? Sorry, just wondered as you are going through the recruitment thing and may have picked up on something,

Spiral.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)