Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reflective Journal

currycraver

Hi Everyone, I have started my Foundation degree. As part of our first assignment I have to write some reflective pieces. I know that I do this informally in my work but am not sure if my writing and thoughts are what is needed. I have been reading a variety of useful information in books and journals. I wondered if anyone could advise me on what has worked for them or share some writing just so that I can try and move forward. I have written some notes but cannot move on from there and now I am panicking.

Hoping someone more skilled can help. Thank you

hello

Could you reflect on something that happened in your workplace and then relate it to Gibbs reflective cycle?

What is your assignment question? Its 4 years since I did FD so although I can remember doing reflective practice module I cant remember question.Unsworth

Guest mukerjee1

Agree with Hali - just completed FD and found the best reflections to be those most relevant and recent to your current practice.

Wishing you all good luck with your future studies.

My reflective journal entries are too personal to share on here, but you might find this helpful - it is Rolfe's model which I found really easy to use. The form has a list of prompts in each column showing you the kinds of things you might like to include.

Hope it helps!

Maz

Rolfe__s_model.docx

Rolfe__s_model.doc

hello

Could you reflect on something that happened in your workplace and then relate it to Gibbs reflective cycle?

What is your assignment question? Its 4 years since I did FD so although I can remember doing reflective practice module I cant remember question.Unsworth

I am just off out now but will let you know tomorrow. Thanks

We have been using the Gibbs model, the first one I handed in I was told was way to brief, aparantly they want a full history on leading up to the situation and alot of detail about feelings etc so I have now done my 2nd ready to hand in Tuesday so perhaps we could exchange detail levels when its marked lol, I did it on a row with my boss so didn't want to go to far into how angry i was lol.

We have to do one a week and then pick the best 12 for submission at the end,

Thanks maz btw I think i'm going to use that as a template for my next one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)