Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paper?

sorry meant to say ask your parents also...offices often have to change their letterheads and will give you spare stuff or stationers will give you discontinued lines

Absolutely - I get 'loads' donated by parents and 'friends of the pre-school' :( we are a small setting based in a very small village - every year I write copy for our 'parish magazine' - thanking absolutely everyone who has helped in any way at all - I name individuals e.g. thanks to Shirley for the super pink paper........always seems to result in more pink paper! :o As my dear old mum would say "it's no good getting older, if you don't get craftier"!!! xD

Ikea will often give you whole packs of their paper free if you ask them nicely ( it's the stuff that they put out for you to wrap your glass and chinaware in, really good for drawing on), You can chop it up to different sizes then. My local Sainsbury's will give me the thick paper that comes inbetween the bags of white sugar ( it's more like thin card really, so good for painting on too). If you have any contacts working for the MOD, or any office company, they often throw away large quantities of paper. ( Many years ago, our local Army camp changed over form one sort of print paper to another and they brought hundreds of boxes down to all the local schools, preschools etc, lasted us all for years!!) I also beg for stuff in our parish mag, I've had everything from watches and clocks ( for a child with SEN who was really into time pieces), to plants for our little garden area, so worth a try..........or even ask your local newspaper to run an article for you ( don't make it sound like my begging.....say you are teaching the children about recycling and as mark-making is one of thier favourite activities, you'd like them to understand more about re-use of resources, such as paper), come to think of it, the newspaper itself might be able to let you have some of the paper they use for the newspaper itself?!

Scrapstore is brilliant too

Just another thought: If you contact Early learning Centre, they often give away vast quantities of stuff, including split packets of paper. Come to that, it might be worth asking any of the suppliers, such as the consortium, galt, hope etc, if they sell broken packs any cheaper?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)