Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cat Fleas

Guest cathy m

just wondering if anyone has experienced a child in their setting have fleas bites on their body. The parents are aware and the child has been given piraton and their bedroom toys etc all washed and cleaned. Do you think it's necessary to make other parents aware that this has arisen but obviously not discussing the particular child/

Cathy

hi there,

not come across this one before but off the top of my head, i dont consider any need to tell the other parents in the setting as its not contagious, nor is the cat in the setting. This is how i would address it in my setting- im a childminder

hope this helps

vicki

They might also consider spraying the house with Acclaim too. I used it for years with excellent results until my youngest reacted really badly to it, now we hope keeping the cats and ferret clear will be enough.

I wouldn't advise the other parents, just offer advice and support to the family trying to deal with it. Beware, though, that none travel on any soft toys, rucksacks, bags etc that are brought to you!

Apparently the warm, wet summers are ideal for fleas and causing big problems. Having a houseful of pets I'm a bit paranoid about prevention and treat the cat, rabbit and dogs regularly.

As for the house, Bob Martin do a Home Flea Fogger- it's a sort of "smoke bomb" that treats an entire room and soft furnishings. (comes in a pack of 2 for £7 approx in Asda) It comes highly recommended by my friend who's an Outreach worker and had cause to use it after bringing "little friends" into her car and house after a particularly pleasant home visit :o

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)